Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What is going on with my HR20-100

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bubbadawg

bubbadawg

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:58 PM

Hello All ---

It appears that one of these issues is already be actively addressed, the audio sync problem. It began with the installation of my new DLP using HDMI. Also, in the last 2 weeks, my Caller ID has stopped working and some shows on HD channels are being cropped so they are not fully 16:9.

In short, what is going on with my HR20? Has there been a new national rollout? I haven't particpated in any CEs since the last one was offered for the 100 series. Is it worth my time calling Customer Service :confused: (....probably not).

Thanks for any and all replies.

#2 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,648 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 07 December 2007 - 05:04 PM

Caller ID seems to be flakey - I wouldn't know, don't use it.

The "cropped" 16:9 - I presume you mean black bars on all 4 sides - is the way the particular network is broadcasting the program. For whatever reason, some of the older 16:9 content is being rebroadcast as if it's still 4:3. But it's not an HR20 or DirecTV problem.

As for the audio sync, no ideas on my part.

spam firewall