Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR-21 HDMI dead?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   davidpaj

davidpaj

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:44 PM

I just got an HR-21 from best buy, installed it, HDMI cable produces no picture or sound, component works fine..... suggestions?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TigersFanJJ

TigersFanJJ

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:17 PM

I just got an HR-21 from best buy, installed it, HDMI cable produces no picture or sound, component works fine..... suggestions?

If you haven't already, try to force a software download.

Press the red reset button behind the access card door. On the "Welcome" screen, press 02468. Enter the code only once. After the "Amost There" screen goes away, it should start downloading the software.

#3 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,645 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:27 PM

If you're using the included cable, you might want to try another just incase the cable is bad.

Also, what make and model TV do you have? I think there might still be some incompatabilities with some tv's.

Last, and I know this can be a pain, but can you check the hdmi connection for the HR21 on another tv?

#4 OFFLINE   kschaper

kschaper

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:11 PM

A lot of the Samsung tv's don't work with the HDMI cables. When I do the installs on them I only use the component.

#5 OFFLINE   Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:15 PM

Luckily my H20-600 works just fine with my Samsung.
There are two kinds of Strength: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of Power: The power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked.

#6 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:20 PM

Some sets, manly Samsungs don't like 480i or 480p (can't remember which) over HDMI. Use any of the other connections to get through the setup. Once its up and running, then deselect the 480i/p as needed for the HDMI connection.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#7 OFFLINE   Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 07:27 PM

Mine does not like 480i :)
There are two kinds of Strength: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of Power: The power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked.

#8 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,822 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:46 PM

Absolutely make sure that the DVR and TV both have the latest software. Try another cable if you have one.

...and I'm moving this to the HR20/21 forum for further discussion.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

spam firewall