Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sudden loss of all audio

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gaubster2

gaubster2

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 11:25 AM

This morning we were watching Survivor on our HR20-700. My wife got up to change over the laundary and I hit "stop" and then tried playing another program from the list. There was no audio. I went to live tv and there was no audio. I went back to play Survivor and there was no audio.

I can receive audio through the headphones that I have plugged into the back of the unit. I did a RBR and that didn't fix anything. I'm running version 0x1be. The tv is NOT on mute, I can crank up the volume all the way to 60 and nothing. I have a tivo hooked up to another input and it plays recorded programs just fine...so I know the problem is not with my Sharp Aquos 52".

Is it possible that my HDMI cable just went out at the exact moment that I hit "stop" on the recorded program? Or is there something else I'm missing? I can try replacing my HDMI cable (would have to unmount the TV from the brackets....I haven't tried that yet) to see if that fixes things. But other than that, I don't know what else to look for.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Chris

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 11,711 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 08 December 2007 - 11:35 AM

Have you tried powering the TV off/on? Perhaps the HDMI interface just needs to reset itself. Or try disconnecting and then reconnecting the HDMI cable.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#3 OFFLINE   shmengie

shmengie

Godfather

• Registered
  • 359 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 08 December 2007 - 11:57 AM

i had the same thing happen. nothing a hard reboot couldn't fix...

#4 OFFLINE   gaubster2

gaubster2

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:13 PM

THANKS so much for the quick responses! I unplugged the receiver and voila! Everything works fine again! Thanks for the tips and I'll keep this in mind if it ever happens again. That's really the first quirk that I've experienced since having the receiver installed in August.

Thanks again!

Chris

#5 OFFLINE   shmengie

shmengie

Godfather

• Registered
  • 359 posts
  • LocationCity of Angels

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:55 PM

every once in a while, i get one right. ;)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...