Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

BSG Mini-marathon 12/7/2007

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cygnusloop

cygnusloop

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 04:21 PM

So, SCIFIHD aired an 8 hour mini-marathon of last year's episodes on SCIFIHD. After airing several of last years episodes and BSG: Razor in HD, a bit over a week ago, what did they do for these 8 hours?

Windowboxed, upconverted SD. BOOOO!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,907 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 09:01 PM

I agree... boo hiss.

mod note: changed the title of this thread as it clearly refers to this year.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   ke3ju

ke3ju

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts
  • LocationStroudsburg, PA and Seminole, FL

Posted 09 December 2007 - 07:32 AM

So, SCIFIHD aired an 8 hour mini-marathon of last year's episodes on SCIFIHD. After airing several of last years episodes and BSG: Razor in HD, a bit over a week ago, what did they do for these 8 hours?

Windowboxed, upconverted SD. BOOOO!

As soon as I noticed they were not in HD, I deleted all of them without watching them...what was SciFi thinking?

Ed
1 - HR20-100S
1 - HR21-100B
1 - HR22-700
1 - HR24-500
1 - R22

'Any fool can write code that a computer can understand.
Good programmers write code that humans can understand.'
Martin Fowler

#4 OFFLINE   captdusty

captdusty

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:59 AM

As soon as I noticed they were not in HD, I deleted all of them without watching them...what was SciFi thinking?

Ed

I did the exact same thing. But it wasn't just the letterboxing that drove me wild. Why on earth (or any other planet for that matter) would they re-air the season over two weekends in mini-marathon form but SKIP SEVERAL EPISODES in the process. What's the point??!!
HOME: Panny 46PZ800U, HR20-100, Sony 34HS420, H20-600. WORK: Don't even get me started....

Protected By... spam firewall...And...