Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Stargate Atlantis: "This Mortal Coil" 12/7/2007

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lwilli201

lwilli201

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:05 AM

Would someone please explain what this episode was all about? :confused:
1-HR21-100, 2-HR21-700, 1 w/eSATA, all networked, unsupported MRV. AT9 Dish(110 & 119 disabled) and SWM8.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:54 AM

I think the biggest thing was this was a lead-in to the next episode .. Basically, they spent an hour telling us:

• Weir is dead and cannot return (we all know she could still return if necessary :))
  • There are a heck of a lot of Replicator ships now.

They also showed of some cool graphics techniques by having all four duplicates face to face in the tent .. that was nice. Plus, Rodney talking to Rodney was some great dialog.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   phat78boy

phat78boy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:56 AM

Yea, it was a little confusing there for a moment. I agree with Doug, it was one big setup for the next episode.

Rodney to Rodney was pretty good. lol

#4 OFFLINE   lwilli201

lwilli201

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:59 AM

I am going to watch it again and see if I can make some sense out of it. Yes, Rodney to Rodney was great.
1-HR21-100, 2-HR21-700, 1 w/eSATA, all networked, unsupported MRV. AT9 Dish(110 & 119 disabled) and SWM8.

#5 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,717 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:52 PM

I'm sad the "real" Weir is dead, but if we can't have the real Weir, I'll take "Replicator-grown" Weir any day ...

The best part of this episode was definitely the Rodney-Rodney conversation. It's just a good thing there were others in the tent with them, because with all the self-love, well ... :P

#6 OFFLINE   Kurgan

Kurgan

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:52 PM

I only got a little confused as to who was the "real" Atlantis team and who was the duplicated ones when they were all together on that one planet with the gate. The only way to identify the newer team was by their more leather-like uniforms, which they pointed out when Rodney met Rodney. The only difference I saw between the two Ronons was the way the hair was styled. The duplicate Ronon had his hair tied up on his head, and the real Ronon had his hair let down in his long dredlocks. Aside from that I understood the episode perfectly.

You just have to realize that Weir, Shepard, Teyla, Ronon, and McKay were all clones/duplicates from the start of the episode, but just didn't know it. When revealed they were duplicates, it made sense to them, but they were hoping that it was a lie and they only had nannites injected into them. But when they met the real Atlantis team, they knew for sure they were duplicates. Either way, being so much like their real selves, they felt obligated to help their real selves against the replicators with the information they possessed.

It'll probably make more sense the 2nd time watching it for some people. :)

I thought it was a great episode. I got a lot of entertainment out of watching it. Rodney + Rodney was great dialog.
Samsung HL-R4667W 46" DLP HDTV
Onkyo TX-SR702S THX Select 7.1 Receiver
DirecTV HR20-700
Philips DivX-certified Progressive Scan DVD player
XBox Media Center
Xbox 360
Playstation 2

#7 OFFLINE   frederic1943

frederic1943

Icon

• Registered
  • 748 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:23 PM

This episode shows that the vision of the destruction of Atlantis by the Replicators in "The Seer" was a true vision. Just not not the original Atlantis.

#8 OFFLINE   phat78boy

phat78boy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 01:36 PM

This episode shows that the vision of the destruction of Atlantis by the Replicators in "The Seer" was a true vision. Just not not the original Atlantis.

Yea, good call on that.

#9 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:38 PM

Yeah, I had forgotten about that as well. I did realize it at the time, though :grin:. I actually really enjoyed this episode .. The only episodes of Atlantis that I just hop through are the ones that are told like a "horror" story .. like the one when they were deep underwater last year.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

Protected By... spam firewall...And...