Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Amazing Race: "Cherry on Top of the Sundae That's Already Melted" 12/9/2007

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Renard

Renard

Godfather

• Registered
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:53 PM

There is something that I have noticed with the Amazing Race. They spend toooooo much time at the airport. I like this show, but I would rather to see more competitions than going on and on at the airport. I think for the last show, they spent 20 minutes of the show showing the airport. Who cares :nono2: . I'd rather to see some landscapes. :D

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   damjr

damjr

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:35 PM

This race has shown that as soon as you start doubting yourself, you are toast. They were already in line at the first counter, then second-guessed themselves and left. That cost them the race.

I'm still hoping that Nate and Jen hit the road. I can only take so much of their "I HATE YOU --- I LOVE YOU" episodes. :nono2:

The goths are growing on me, but he is still disturbing to look at.

Same here about the goths. He may be disturbing to look at but her cleavage is not. :D

#23 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,909 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:46 PM

Renard,

I typically don't like too much in the airport shots either, but there actually was a lot of drama this time .. In fact, a mistake by one of the teams at the airport lead to a loss of the leg ..
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#24 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,909 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:48 PM

http://www.realitybl...ination_dropped

Thanks Dave .. I didn't know this. The non-elim did not bother me, especially with the "marked for elimination" penalty. I'll not be bothered by the lack of a non-elim either, though.

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#25 OFFLINE   davemayo

davemayo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:19 PM

There is something that I have noticed with the Amazing Race. They spend toooooo much time at the airport. I like this show, but I would rather to see more competitions than going on and on at the airport. I think for the last show, they spent 20 minutes of the show showing the airport. Who cares :nono2: . I'd rather to see some landscapes. :D

+1

I can only take so much of them being rude to the airport counter employees. :nono2:
Go Hoos!

#26 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:35 PM

+1

I can only take so much of them being rude to the airport counter employees. :nono2:

I agree with that completely......like it is the counter employees fault that the connecting flight was missed or a flight they wanted was full....deal with it and find a way.

Non-elims arent a big deal either way...I like the fact that they took their clothes; made it kind of fun when they thought it was but it wasnt, running up to the PS with everything they could possibly wear

#27 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,909 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 10 December 2007 - 06:44 PM

Non-elims arent a big deal either way...I like the fact that they took their clothes; made it kind of fun when they thought it was but it wasnt, running up to the PS with everything they could possibly wear

Yeah, that was funny ..

#28 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:03 PM

Yeah, that was funny ..

Seeing them trying to put on like 30 layers of clothes in 100 degree weather....

#29 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:30 PM

http://www.realitybl...ination_dropped

Not really doubting the source, but I swear, and so does my wife, that I remember Phil saying in the first episode that there would be three non-elimination legs.:confused:

My Setup

Why can I get to the "Adult's Only" area faster than I can get to the "ToDo" List?  DirecTV, that is messed up!!!

#30 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:37 PM

Hmmm just took a quick read. One I don't feel the teams are younger... They sure don't seem that way to me and two.. The clues say... Last team "May" be eliminated. Don't they?

Not doubting it.... I do recall something about non-elimination rounds mentioned at the beginning but ofcourse I can be wrong.
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#31 OFFLINE   davemayo

davemayo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:22 PM

Hmmm just took a quick read. One I don't feel the teams are younger... They sure don't seem that way to me and two.. The clues say... Last team "May" be eliminated. Don't they?

Not doubting it.... I do recall something about non-elimination rounds mentioned at the beginning but ofcourse I can be wrong.

You all are right, Phil has been saying "may be eliminated." My wife and I are confused by that because we've both heard that there are no non-elimination legs this season. Maybe they want to keep it suspenseful. :D
Go Hoos!

#32 OFFLINE   chris0

chris0

Godfather

• Registered
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:06 PM

If you want to see a really good reason why Azaria and Hendekia couldn't catch Nick and Don in the row boat check out the web clip called "Two Braniacs on a Boat."

http://alpha.cbs.com...amazing_race12/
click on Exclusive Web Clips, Watch Now and then, in the new window, Webclips and Episode 6.

It's pretty funny.

#33 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,093 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:06 PM

[...] Nate and his whiner I mean g/f I mean ex-gf (cant figure it out) need to go the way of the dodo quickly, hope that the hippie guy and his partner win it all.

Big laughs here, Jody! I told my wife that every time Jen(?) screamed, cried, pouted or insulted her partner ... I was laughing! Can't wait for them to impload.

GG!!! [Go Goths!]
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#34 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,909 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:19 AM

Not really doubting the source, but I swear, and so does my wife, that I remember Phil saying in the first episode that there would be three non-elimination legs.:confused:

That's what I remember as well, but it's possible something changed ..

#35 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,909 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:24 AM

If you want to see a really good reason why Azaria and Hendekia couldn't catch Nick and Don in the row boat check out the web clip called "Two Braniacs on a Boat."

http://alpha.cbs.com...amazing_race12/
click on Exclusive Web Clips, Watch Now and then, in the new window, Webclips and Episode 6.

It's pretty funny.

oh my god, that was so funny .. weren't they pretty close at the end? Oh my.

#36 OFFLINE   chris0

chris0

Godfather

• Registered
  • 477 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:28 AM

oh my god, that was so funny .. weren't they pretty close at the end? Oh my.

Nothing like a good rock to slow you down. And the title is perfect.

#37 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:32 AM

That's what I remember as well, but it's possible something changed ..

Here are Phil's exact words:

Now there are eleven legs in this race, at the end of each leg of this race there is a pit stop, eight of these pit stops are elimination points so you need to get to them as fast as you can because if your last, you will be eliminated.

Source: at the 4:20 mark.

:confused: :confused:

My Setup

Why can I get to the "Adult's Only" area faster than I can get to the "ToDo" List?  DirecTV, that is messed up!!!

#38 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:34 AM

Big laughs here, Jody! I told my wife that every time Jen(?) screamed, cried, pouted or insulted her partner ... I was laughing! Can't wait for them to impload.

GG!!! [Go Goths!]

Seriously, no wonder he cheated on her...she probably whines their entire day together and that would just make me want to pull out my fingernails with a rusty pair of pliers. The goths are good but I like the hippie dude and his gf for the finals, they dont lose their cool or get all mad and yell they just work through.

Has anyone else noticed the way the young kid talks to his grandpa, man if I had ever thought of talking to mine that way he'd made sure I remembered who was in charge.

#39 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,093 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:52 AM

I agree, Herdfan ... I have all 6 episodes recorded. What you quoted is exactly what he said.

In other words: 3 non-elimination pit stops.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#40 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:59 AM

I agree, Herdfan ... I have all 6 episodes recorded. What you quoted is exactly what he said.

In other words: 3 non-elimination pit stops.

So then we have three in a row coming up? Thats going to be somewhat different.

spam firewall