Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Amazing Race: "Cherry on Top of the Sundae That's Already Melted" 12/9/2007

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,927 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:14 AM

So then we have three in a row coming up? Thats going to be somewhat different.

Well, if we are to believe Phil and we are interpreting it correctly, then we do have 3 non-elims coming.

With 5 teams, the likely scenario would be

one non-elim with 5 teams.
elimination episode
one non-elim with 4 teams.
elimination episode
and one non-elim with 3 team.
Finale

Don't know, I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:45 AM

Well, if we are to believe Phil and we are interpreting it correctly, then we do have 3 non-elims coming.

With 5 teams, the likely scenario would be

one non-elim with 5 teams.
elimination episode
one non-elim with 4 teams.
elimination episode
and one non-elim with 3 team.
Finale

Don't know, I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks.

Never looked at it the legs like that....man that means we have to hear whiny girl at least another week.....I still cant believe she actually asked Hendekia to let them win the leg......

#43 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:45 PM

So then we have three in a row coming up? Thats going to be somewhat different.

Looks that way, Jody. With my luck, Jen'll get off the hook. :nono:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#44 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:53 PM

Nothing to interpret as far as I can see. Herdfan's quote was exact to the recording I have. The only way they can back out of it would be to arbitrarilly change the rules of the show mid-stride.

Actually, I don't mind the non-elims ... I'm looking forward to any changes in the penalty from previous seasons (no cash, clothes-on-you-backs only, etc.).

My only worry is that Whiny will be given a free ride when her time comes. That would suck, big time.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#45 OFFLINE   jgriffin7

jgriffin7

Native Texan

• DBSTalk Club
  • 259 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:01 PM

The assumption in other forums I follow is that we'll have 3 'to be continued' episodes. You have checkpoints, but without an actual check-in; keep on racing.

#46 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:09 PM

I just wonder with the writers strike if we are going to see a new season sooner than later like BB is fixing to do; cant wait for that series either but thats another thread :D

#47 OFFLINE   davemayo

davemayo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:47 PM

Nothing to interpret as far as I can see. Herdfan's quote was exact to the recording I have. The only way they can back out of it would be to arbitrarilly change the rules of the show mid-stride.

Actually, I don't mind the non-elims ... I'm looking forward to any changes in the penalty from previous seasons (no cash, clothes-on-you-backs only, etc.).

My only worry is that Whiny will be given a free ride when her time comes. That would suck, big time.

Wouldn't be the first time that the reality show websites were wrong. We'll see. :D
Go Hoos!

#48 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:29 PM

Wouldn't be the first time that the reality show websites were wrong. We'll see. :D

Agree, but in this case, the proof was in confirming the info by viewing the actual episode.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#49 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,043 posts
  • LocationTeays Valley, WV

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:51 PM

The assumption in other forums I follow is that we'll have 3 'to be continued' episodes. You have checkpoints, but without an actual check-in; keep on racing.

That would be my guess as well, but to do 3 in a row would be brutal. I would guess one of them will be the arranged "stay overnight" where the teams are split in 3 groups 15/30 minutes apart.

My Setup

Why can I get to the "Adult's Only" area faster than I can get to the "ToDo" List?  DirecTV, that is messed up!!!

#50 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:30 AM

I just wonder with the writers strike if we are going to see a new season sooner than later like BB is fixing to do; cant wait for that series either but thats another thread :D

They have been advertising for new teams so hopefully we will get another season in Feb or something.

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

#51 OFFLINE   thxultra

thxultra

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:54 AM

I have to agree with ow the kid talks to his grandpa. I'm also surprised he makes his grandpa do so many of the physical challanges. His grandpa is really doing well for his age though.

#52 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,927 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:47 AM

There was certainly some discussion early on that grandpa is not your "normal" grandpa ..
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#53 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:52 AM

There was certainly some discussion early on that grandpa is not your "normal" grandpa ..

Meaning.....?:confused:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...