Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

For those who can't get enough Law & Order

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   frederic1943

frederic1943

Icon

• Registered
  • 748 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:15 PM

PARKING WARS - A&E NEW REAL-LIFE SERIES FOLLOWS THE MEN AND WOMEN ON THE FRONT LINES OF THE PHILADELPHIA PARKING AUTHORITY - PREMIERING TUESDAY, JANUARY 8, AT 10PM ET/PT

New York, New York, December 10, 2007 They tuck tickets under our windshields and clamp yellow boots to our car wheels. They are called every name in the book. Some try to run from them. Others try to run them over. They are the people we love to hate, but never before have they been so fascinating. A&E's new real-life series PARKING WARS, premiering Tuesday, January 8 at 10:00pm ET/PT, is a behind the scenes ride with the men and women of the Philadelphia Parking Authority as they manage the chaos that is every driver's greatest nightmare.... parking!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,906 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:15 AM

Seriously? Because watching church choirs compete isn't painful enough.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   apexmi

apexmi

Godfather

• Registered
  • 347 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:27 AM

It's up next followed by. "Watching paint dry" :lol:
Bob

HR20-700,H20-100 x3, Toshiba 57HX83 Cinema Series 1080i, Toshiba HD-A1 & A2(2) HD-DVD, PS3 200gb Blu-ray, Onkyo 806 7.1, Harmony 880, Olevia 232v 720p LCD,Sharp 19" Aquos 720p,Toshiba 26HF85 1080i CRT, AT9 Main Dish, AU9 Slimline Tripod mounted for camping / tailgating DirecTV sub since 02/99.

"It ain't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand."- Mark Twain

#4 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 09:33 AM

Welcome to TV Land during a writers strike. Cmon, seriously. All the starving actors and writers out here in LaLa land and this is the best we can come up with. Re-runs would be better.

#5 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:16 AM

Yeah, what the Internet needs is professional writers. ;) :D

I know Wisconsin Public Television has hours and hours of high school marching bands competitions on tape. Maybe that could be edited into a series.

It's the Waunakee trombones versus the Osceola tubas, tonight on American Bandstomp.

In case you need it, this is how you speak like a Wisconsonite.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#6 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:19 AM

I know Wisconsin Public Television has hours and hours of high school marching bands competitions on tape. Maybe that could be edited into a series.

It's the Waunakee trombones versus the Osceola tubas, tonight on American Bandstomp.

Hey now, I was a band geek in HS and we ruled.....

#7 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:23 AM

There's one viewer.

#8 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:30 AM

It could be worse. My local ABC affiliate has hours of footage of high school show choir competitions going back for years. I've seen the tapes. Use that to fill airtime during the strike!

Do you know the definition of an optomist? A high school choir director with a morgage.

#9 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,537 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:37 PM

Greg, that is funny that you mention that. My high school won the Whitewater marching band Championships my senior year of high school. We had a sweep and it was the best experience of my life! We had a lot of fun there.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#10 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,356 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 11 December 2007 - 01:59 PM

...In case you need it, this is how you speak like a Wisconsonite.

But...but...why would anyone who doesn't have to, want to talk that way? :scratch:

OTOH, 'Peewaukee' sounds like something you wouldn't want your mother catching you doing. :lol:

OTOOH, y'all, us laid back southerners fer shur don' have much cause to kibbitz others, now, do we? :sure"

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#11 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:24 PM

Greg, that is funny that you mention that. My high school won the Whitewater marching band Championships my senior year of high school. We had a sweep and it was the best experience of my life! We had a lot of fun there.

Here's a second viewer. I think we have a hit on our hands.

But...but...why would anyone who doesn't have to, want talk that way? :scratch:

Just because I know New Berlin is prounounced New BURR-lynn doesn't make me any better than, oh, say, someone from Iowa. Not in the slightest. :sure:

OTOH, 'Peewaukee' sounds like something you wouldn't want your mother catching you doing. :lol:

But Weyauwega sounds like something you did with your high school sweetheart.

One of the highlights of the Miss-Pronouncer site is the song for the mayor of Madison, Dave Cieslewicz.

#12 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:31 PM

I think they should throw the Mummers into the competition. Nothing like 1,000 drunk Philadelphians in goofy costumes to liven up a competition.

#13 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:49 PM

Only if we can get some thoroughly toasted Shriners to ride tiny motorcycles while wearing fezzes.

#14 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,717 posts
  • LocationLancaster, PA area

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:13 PM

Kind of funny because last week, one of the local stations here did an expose on local people (we are 100 miles west of Phily) getting mailed summons to appear in court for not paying their Phily parking tickets. Out of the 10 people shown in the segment, 6 of whom had never ever been to Phily, 1 of whom is 95 years old and doesn't even own a car, and the other 3 had provided letters from their bosses stating that they were at work the day they supposedly were in Phily getting tickets.

When they interviewed the parking authority person, her reply was, 'well the meter maids must be right because how could they have made up those license plate numbers?'. When they compared the car colors noted on the tickets to the people's actual cars, only 1 had the same color of car noted on the ticket. The 9 colors were wrong.

Any example of big city corruption! Gotta love it.

HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200 (2), 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV), Cinema Kit (Wifi connection)
Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#15 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,356 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:33 PM

I suppose even meter maids have quotas...

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

Protected By... spam firewall...And...