Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Movie Theater Lawsuit

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Five Hole

Five Hole

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 01:30 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2...reut/index.html

In a class-action lawsuit filed in Illinois state court on behalf of all Loews patrons, the Chicago-area English teacher claims the theater circuit's policy of playing pre-film product commercials amounts to a deceptive business practice because the ads begin at the time advertised as the start of a feature movie.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,862 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 23 February 2003 - 11:22 AM

:thats: This is making a tempest out of a teapot. Some folks are grateful for the extra few minutes in obtaining snacks, and sometimes the trailers are more entertaining than the film themselves.

And, how do you prove that you purchased the ticket? Mine is usually discarded after the end of the showing of the film.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#3 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 12:15 PM

Yeah, I like the idea of padding the beginning as it gives the drones behind the popcorn time the chance to get through their 10 minute per customer "service".

Besides, we just HAVE to get our $10 worth of popcorn and soda (worth 50 cents wholesale) and the extra time is appreciated.
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

:ramblinon

XBox 360 Gamertag::grin:
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   jrjcd

jrjcd

Arcane Movie Trivia King

• Gold Members
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 07:27 PM

great..another asinine useless lawsuit...

btw-i'm left handed, and i think i got the makings of a successful class action lawsuit against every university in the country ONLY providing desks for right handed people-THAT'S REAL DISCRIMINATION and we, leftys of the world, need to unite and make our voice heard!!!!
jrjcd(jack)-

"I've got a FEVER...and the ONLY prescription for it is MORE COWBELL!!!!"
Lengendary record producer Bruce Dickinson

#5 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,279 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 03 March 2003 - 12:41 PM

"This is making a tempest out of a teapot.

It's "...a tempest in a teapot"

Please, if you are going to employ similes, sayings or quotes, at least get them right. And for goodness sake, please don't turn a maxim into an oxymoron.

:rolleyes:

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#6 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 08:29 PM

My wife would joke that she sees a lot of morons with Maxim (the magazine)
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

:ramblinon

XBox 360 Gamertag::grin:
Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:28 AM

Please, if you are going to employ similes, sayings or quotes, at least get them right. And for goodness sake, please don't turn a maxim into an oxymoron.

Nick, you're (or is that your? :D) making a mountain out of an anthill. :D
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...