Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1 Year today with the HR20-700

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   KCCardsfan

KCCardsfan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:36 PM

Exactly 1 year ago today I upgraded to the AT9 & the HR20-700, I've read about bad experiences and good, here is my Grading for the 1st year:

Ordering the Upgrade- This went good, I was offered the $299 HR20 & Dish, talked them down to $199 & had a $100 referral (old plan) to bring it to $99. Grade A

The Install- Installer from Ironwood was on time and install went good, a few days later I found loose bolts on the AT9, but other than that all OK. Grade B+

1st few months- I like others had some early trouble with the HR20, then I found DBSTalk and the CE program. Starting in February my HR20 started working extremely well, and has stayed that way. Grade B+

Service Call- In October I would lose all the new MPEG4 HD channels at night (771's), DirecTv sent Ironwood out and replaced the AT9 with a Slimline- FOR FREE, no trouble since. Grade A+

CSR's- I have been a subscriber since April 1995, the few times I did call this last year I didn't have any trouble, I was sent to Retention for the Service Call & they took care of me. Grade A

DBSTalk- I've had good and bad responses from posting here, mostly good. The bad seemed to be when I had only a few posts, some members forget they started at 0 posts also. Even though I was an installer before HD, I still needed answers for the new equipment, one way or the other I got them from DBSTalk. I found out about CE's, Networking, eSATA & VOD, using them all! Grade B

CE Program- I will just go ahead and give it a Grade A.

Moderators- Extremely helpful & knowledgeable, I give one of them a Grade D+, the rest A+.

I would like to see HD content in VOD, don't care about DLB, glad the HR20 is NOT a TIVO, Undecided on the HD Extra-Pack and hoping that several of the new 'HD' channels will actually start showing HD content.

Overall I've had a good year with DirecTv & DBSTalk, the help I received here got me thru this last year, Thanks to ALL! And Many Thanks to the Moderators, keep up the good work!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...