Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Guitar Hero III

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   turey22

turey22

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 08:07 AM

if i get guitar hero III, network my ps3, can i download all the guitar hero I songs?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Snoofie

Snoofie

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 520 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:05 AM

if i get guitar hero III, network my ps3, can i download all the guitar hero I songs?

I don't know about PS3, but on the XBOX 360 you can download additional songs, but they are at a fee. They had a couple of free songs, but most of them cost about $7 for three songs. I have only downloaded one and that was the classic rock pack with Journey, Foreigner and Boston songs in it. So, I would assume that the PS3 must have some downloadable content available too. I like how Rock Band prices their songs better though. They sell them for $.99 each. I would buy a whole lot more songs if GHIII adopted this pricing policy.
HR20-100
XBOX 360
XBOX Live Gamertag: Snoofie71
Samsung 50" DLP

#23 OFFLINE   turey22

turey22

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:33 AM

well that sucks, i want gh III but i also want the first one, since three is in hd i want that but i wouldnt mind paying for the gh I in hd.

#24 OFFLINE   turey22

turey22

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:34 AM

or at least for some songs of gh I. thank u also

#25 OFFLINE   braven

braven

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:38 AM

I ended up getting the one for PS3 2 nights ago... I am hooked as well.... I've already beaten all of easy... but now that I'm on medium... I'm struggling... Throwing the blue button into the mix really confuses me... :lol:

Thanks again for all the help Pinion...

Ha ha ha, wait until you throw the orange button in. :lol:
HR34, HR24, (2) H21's
Whole Home DVR

@I_am_Braven

#26 OFFLINE   Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:10 PM

you can download add on packs...
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.

#27 OFFLINE   Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:11 PM

Ha ha ha, wait until you throw the orange button in. :lol:

yeah... well... since that post... i've pretty much completed medium... and then gave up on hard... :lol: ... i've tried expert on a couple songs... and that is a definite NO GO! :lol:

#28 OFFLINE   Snoofie

Snoofie

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 520 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:43 PM

yeah... well... since that post... i've pretty much completed medium... and then gave up on hard... :lol: ... i've tried expert on a couple songs... and that is a definite NO GO! :lol:

I had family over on superbowl sunday and my nephew and my wifes nephew were both playing the heck out of GHIII and expert was like nothing to them. I can get through medium, but never get 100%.
HR20-100
XBOX 360
XBOX Live Gamertag: Snoofie71
Samsung 50" DLP

#29 OFFLINE   Pinion413

Pinion413

Icon

• Registered
  • 715 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:28 PM

well that sucks, i want gh III but i also want the first one, since three is in hd i want that but i wouldnt mind paying for the gh I in hd.

So long as you have the 20, 60, or 80GB version of the PS3 (40GB PS3 does not do backwards compatibility for PS2 games), you can always buy the original Guitar Hero for PS2 and play it on your PS3. The PS3 will upscale PS2 games to whatever resolution you have it set to output. It's not HD, but you would be able to play with whichever guitar you have, be it wireless or otherwise.

III has packs to download, but they're "new" songs. Unfortunately for you though you will not see and HD version of Guitar Hero (I).
-Chris

My Setup

#30 OFFLINE   Pinion413

Pinion413

Icon

• Registered
  • 715 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:30 PM

Medium is where I'm staying. It's a little challenging and a helluva lot of fun. Above that to be is too much. Call me a wuss, but..... :grin:
-Chris

My Setup

#31 OFFLINE   Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 10,453 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:40 PM

Medium is where I'm staying. It's a little challenging and a helluva lot of fun. Above that to be is too much. Call me a wuss, but..... :grin:

I'm with ya! :lol:

spam firewall