Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Smilie in my signature not displaying?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dbconsultant

dbconsultant

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:55 PM

I used to have a smilie in my signature. I noticed today that the smilie is only being displayed as ":p" and not as the image. When I went in to edit my signature to try to fix my smilie, I noticed that "allow smilies" = "no". Has there been a change recently that doesn't allow users to have smilies in their signatures?:confused:

Debi

Hopper and one Joey
Sony KDL-40W5100 HDTV
Pioneer VSX-41 A/V Receiver
Magnavox DVD Recorder
Sony DVP-NC665P CD/DVD Player

Sony BlueRay Player

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:44 AM

I used to have a smilie in my signature. I noticed today that the smilie is only being displayed as ":p" and not as the image. When I went in to edit my signature to try to fix my smilie, I noticed that "allow smilies" = "no". Has there been a change recently that doesn't allow users to have smilies in their signatures?:confused:

Yeah, sorry about that. Smilies in signatures were removed because of abuse. Same old story. A small amount of users ruin things for everyone. :(

#3 OFFLINE   dbconsultant

dbconsultant

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:24 PM

Yeah, sorry about that. Smilies in signatures were removed because of abuse. Same old story. A small amount of users ruin things for everyone. :(

Bummer! Sorry to hear about it but I understand why you had to do it. Probably more trouble than it would be worth to 'police' smilie usage to enable non-abusers to use them. Oh, well, it was nice while it lasted. Thanks for letting me know - I thought maybe I'd been imagining it when my smilie worked!

Debi

Hopper and one Joey
Sony KDL-40W5100 HDTV
Pioneer VSX-41 A/V Receiver
Magnavox DVD Recorder
Sony DVP-NC665P CD/DVD Player

Sony BlueRay Player

#4 OFFLINE   Dolly

Dolly

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:15 AM

Well those "small amount of users" cost DBSTALK.com not only a member, but a paying member--me :mad:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...