Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

STR-DG910 with RM-AV3000 HELP!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Brandon428

Brandon428

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:35 AM

I bought the STR-DG910 open box and it didn't come with a remote. I can't get in the menu without it. I bought a RM-AV3000 universal remote and all it controls are the inputs,vol.,and mute but it doesn't control the one thing I needed....the menu. Is there any way into the menu through configuration of the remote or directly on the receiver? Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   premio

premio

Godfather

• Registered
  • 395 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:19 PM

I bought the STR-DG910 open box and it didn't come with a remote. I can't get in the menu without it. I bought a RM-AV3000 universal remote and all it controls are the inputs,vol.,and mute but it doesn't control the one thing I needed....the menu. Is there any way into the menu through configuration of the remote or directly on the receiver? Thanks

Try turning the reciver into AV1 mode instead of it's preset AV2 mode (not talking about the D* remote here). I just tried to get some functionality in this manner. I believe you turned the receiver off, hold in the input button, and turn it back on. I posted on this site the process previously, so a quick search will double check that memory.

-n
<!---
It's Comcastic!
--->

#3 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:29 PM

You could also try the Sony remote forum over at remotecentral:

http://www.remotecen...c-sony/list.cgi

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#4 OFFLINE   Brandon428

Brandon428

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:36 PM

Try turning the reciver into AV1 mode instead of it's preset AV2 mode (not talking about the D* remote here). I just tried to get some functionality in this manner. I believe you turned the receiver off, hold in the input button, and turn it back on. I posted on this site the process previously, so a quick search will double check that memory.

-n

I did that but the menu button still doesn't work. Just the input,vol.,mute and power. I'm trying to find a program that will work with my HP IR transmitter. If I can do that and find the STR-DG910 original remote codes then I can teach my AV3000. If you guys know of a program that can do that please let me know. If all else fails I'll just go to Best Buy and ask if I can use their remote to teach mine.

#5 OFFLINE   dvdnut59

dvdnut59

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:01 PM

I have the STR DG500.If I can help with questions,please reply to thread.I'll keep lookin.I practically wore out the owners manual.Do you have it?

#6 OFFLINE   Lowry666

Lowry666

AllStar

• Registered
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:40 AM

Have you checked Sony's website to see if they still sell them? I have bought several replacements from their website. Also check ebay, you might find one there too.

Good luck,
Lowry

Protected By... spam firewall...And...