Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Does Directv have anyway for customers to reach management?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rugerx

rugerx

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:08 PM

Is there any way to really speak to someone at directv that is in the upper management chain, and doesnt hang up on you and just tell you whatever to get you off the phone ?

I have a situation I am VERY unhappy with, and have spoken with retention 10x, and cant seem to actually speak to someone in mgmt.

Is there any address like Dish's ceo@dishnetwork.com?

I couldnt be more disgusted with this company, and want to share my story with someone who has the power to make some changes.

Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   durl

durl

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:16 PM

I would seriously doubt it. Trying to reach upper management in ANY large corporation is going to be virtually impossible. You can start at the bottom and work your way up if the problem demands but there's going to be a point where you're not going to be able to go higher.

Could you give a brief synopsis of your complaint?

#3 OFFLINE   houskamp

houskamp

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:29 PM

If I were upper management I' make darn sure no one had my #..

AKA: SMOKE
MRV was all that's left on my wishlist (wishlist done) :D

#4 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:31 PM

Agreed. Don't count out the people on this site before you go to the head of the company. What's your beef, rugerx?

But what you're looking for is on www.directv.com. Be aware that everyone is probably at CES right now and won't be back in the office for a week. Things slow down to a crawl for most consumer electronics companies during the week of the CE show.

Ellen Filipiak
Senior Vice President, Customer Service
We strive to provide you with the best service possible.
If you have a service issue that needs attention, I encourage you to send us an e-mail. (We respond to most e-mails within 24 hours) If we are unable to resolve your service issue by those means, please bring it to my attention at ellen.filipiak@directv.com

hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#5 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:33 PM

I have found great success in using the e-mail contacts on the web site. I generally get a response from the correct level of management with whatever my issue is. It can take 3-5 days, but you will get "somewhere".

#6 OFFLINE   rugerx

rugerx

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:34 PM

I would seriously doubt it. Trying to reach upper management in ANY large corporation is going to be virtually impossible. You can start at the bottom and work your way up if the problem demands but there's going to be a point where you're not going to be able to go higher.

I am hesistant to go into details here, I have had to many phone calls with directv too count.

I have damage done to my home, and some really bad experiences with the company and the local HSP installer group here.

When I call to address it with directv I finally am escalated to supervisors, kept on hold for hours, told I will recieve a call back, after several days the call never comes. Then I call again, and they have no clue as to why I am calling.

Its literally like a customer service blackhole.

#7 OFFLINE   supremelurker

supremelurker

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:35 PM

Since, I'm not allowed to post links... Try browsing consumerist dot com. They post email addresses and phone numbers for company execs.

#8 OFFLINE   sore_bluto

sore_bluto

Godfather

• Registered
  • 440 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:39 PM

Write a letter and keep it serious and polite. Send it to the appropriate person in question. If your problem is with a policy, then you must write the corporate office. If your problem is with an individual, then that individual's facility manager should be contacted. You may not get the results you are looking for, but a written letter almost always will yield attention and proper contact information.
HR20-700 + OTA, HR20-700, HR24-200, R15-300, 5LNB Ka/Ku AU9-S

#9 OFFLINE   Thaedron

Thaedron

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:17 PM

I would try the email address that is in Carl's post above. If that doesn't work, see if you can get her postal address and send her a letter. If that doesn't work and there truly is damage to your home that was caused by a DirecTV representative you may need to speak with an attorney.
Main viewing system HR20-100 via SWM-8, using HDMI, networked, using DirecTV on Demand and MRV!
Samsung HLT-5689S | Oppo DV-981HD | Denon AVR-4306 | QNAP TS-219P NAS and Media Server

Full Setup

Proud supporter of the HR20 Wish List Survey

#10 OFFLINE   rborden

rborden

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:06 PM

if a technician or installer damaged your home you should be able to process a damage claim. if you have called numerous times someone should have suggested that by now, unless you are asking for immediate repairs or reimbursement it should be a fairly simple process. pm me for more info if you like

#11 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:08 PM

Best option - write the letter by hand. It'll get more attention.

(Ask any politician - it's true).

Good luck!

#12 OFFLINE   Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:32 PM

I would suggest what others have - go to www.directv.com/email or write a letter to the office of the president with your concerns.
There are two kinds of Strength: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of Power: The power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked.

#13 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:40 PM

A letter beats an email by 1000% at least.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#14 OFFLINE   Jhon69

Jhon69

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:54 PM

I am hesistant to go into details here, I have had to many phone calls with directv too count.

I have damage done to my home, and some really bad experiences with the company and the local HSP installer group here.

When I call to address it with directv I finally am escalated to supervisors, kept on hold for hours, told I will recieve a call back, after several days the call never comes. Then I call again, and they have no clue as to why I am calling.

Have you tried contacting the installation company that did the damage?.They are responsible for anything up to 90 days.They also should have given you their phone number,if not it should be on the installation contract you signed.Good Luck!:) and:welcome_s

#15 OFFLINE   Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 30,092 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:58 PM

Office of the President
Earl - Gotta Love Karma

DIRECTV employee since April 2008.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#16 OFFLINE   Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:08 PM

Here is the address I got with a lovely thing called search!

Office of the President
P.O. Box 6550
Greenwood Village, CO 80155-6550
There are two kinds of Strength: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of Power: The power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked.

#17 OFFLINE   aleicgrant

aleicgrant

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:11 PM

I did and it worked for me. I got a response from the President via his blackberry after writing a direct, professional email explaining my less than favorable experience when dealing with directv and my initial sign up. I got a reply less than an hour later from him advising someone from his executive customer service department would be in touch. And hour later that person called and I havent had an issue since. Incidentally, I am on the fourth month of service and now just paying my first bill. Thats how right he made it.

#18 OFFLINE   Upstream

Upstream

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:29 PM

Incidentally, I am on the fourth month of service and now just paying my first bill. Thats how right he made it.

I'm glad things worked out for you, and that your problem got resolved.

But a three month discount is not the same as fixing a problem. One of my biggest complaints with DirecTV is that they think a discount is fixing a problem. It isn't. If I have a problem, I want a solution, not three months of Starz.

#19 OFFLINE   Xaa

Xaa

Icon

• Registered
  • 797 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:45 PM

Three free months of Starz is a solution. I heard that there's a study where the Starz Multipack actually cured cancer in lab rats!

#20 OFFLINE   rugerx

rugerx

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:13 PM

Thanks for all the replies.

I emailed, and actually recieved a reply and a number to call.

I spoke with someone from the corporate headquarters, and he took my full story and was not pleased with directv staff or the HSP. I have a feeling someone may get a phone call from their supervisor.
I will be let out of my programming contract, recieve my money back and they are going to reimburse for damages that were caused.

We will see if it all happens. If not, next stop is the BBB and court I guess.

Directv really drops the ball customer servicewise in my honest opinion.

Good news, Dish guy is coming tonight, and the HSP called not once, but 2x to confirm, and the Dish guy himself called me to confirm a solid time in my window.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...