Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
How to locate DTV Towers.
Posted 08 March 2003 - 04:45 PM
1. Use a good quality UHF only antenna. Channel Master 4221 & 4228 antenna's can provide a high gain signal strength.
2. Use a good quality coax cable with runs under 120'.
3. Locate your local DTV Towers here : http://www.100000wat...m/listings.html
4. Mount the antenna on a level, plumb and grounded mast.
5. Point your antenna(s) toward the tower(s). If useing multi antenna's for multi towers, combine all antennas to one line. Channel Master 4221 & 4228 are pointed bow ties towards tower.
6. Enjoy your local DTV channels.
Posted 08 March 2003 - 04:55 PM
Unless you live in a place with really bad ghosting (like downtown large city) or if you are a long ways from the transmitters, it is not hard to get HDTV, easier than analog because you either get a perfect picture or no picture.
Posted 08 March 2003 - 04:57 PM
Posted 11 April 2003 - 07:40 AM
Posted 11 April 2003 - 08:54 AM
Originally posted by William Millar
try this, this is the best site I've seen once your antenna is set up properly using a rotar, it tells you where each station is and what degree to point your antenna at from where you live.
Great map, I guess Alaska & Hawaii are no longer part of the United States.
This being the case I want my check back I just mailed to Uncle Sam for this years 1040.
Posted 11 April 2003 - 12:12 PM
I have my Lat/Long from the websites it suggest to use. With just numbers, I get nothing, if I try + or - it says to use only numeric characters. If I try N,S (north, south) same deal. What am I doing wrong? I feel like a dummy...
Posted 19 April 2003 - 07:42 AM
Posted 19 April 2003 - 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Tomsoundman
Unless your local stations are operating at flea power and people less than 10 miles tell you they can't even get a signal...
Yea! are you listening KMGH - ABC - Denver!