Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

How to locate DTV Towers.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SatMan

SatMan

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 04:45 PM

HOW TO LOCATE YOUR LOCAL DIGITAL TELEVISION TOWERS.

1. Use a good quality UHF only antenna. Channel Master 4221 & 4228 antenna's can provide a high gain signal strength.
2. Use a good quality coax cable with runs under 120'.
3. Locate your local DTV Towers here : http://www.100000wat...m/listings.html
4. Mount the antenna on a level, plumb and grounded mast.
5. Point your antenna(s) toward the tower(s). If useing multi antenna's for multi towers, combine all antennas to one line. Channel Master 4221 & 4228 are pointed bow ties towards tower.
6. Enjoy your local DTV channels.
:hi:

Attached Thumbnails

• 4228antenna.jpg

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mike123abc

Mike123abc

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 04:55 PM

Also, you can check out antennaweb.org where you put in your address and it will even draw a map showing the directions of all the towers around you. You do not need a fancy antenna, I just use a channelmaster VHF/UHF antenna I got at Lowes. I have also used Radio Shack antennas.

Unless you live in a place with really bad ghosting (like downtown large city) or if you are a long ways from the transmitters, it is not hard to get HDTV, easier than analog because you either get a perfect picture or no picture.

#3 OFFLINE   SatMan

SatMan

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 04:57 PM

It is all location dependent but a good quality outdoor antenna will give you picture stability and is less likely to tile or pixelate.

#4 OFFLINE   William Millar

William Millar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 08:15 PM

try this, this is the best site I've seen once your antenna is set up properly using a rotar, it tells you where each station is and what degree to point your antenna at from where you live.

http://www.2150.com/broadcast/

Bill

#5 OFFLINE   Tomsoundman

Tomsoundman

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 388 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 07:40 AM

Unless your local stations are operating at flea power and people less than 10 miles tell you they can't even get a signal...

RANT OFF

#6 OFFLINE   AkShark

AkShark

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 08:54 AM

Originally posted by William Millar
try this, this is the best site I've seen once your antenna is set up properly using a rotar, it tells you where each station is and what degree to point your antenna at from where you live.

http://www.2150.com/broadcast/

Bill

Great map, I guess Alaska & Hawaii are no longer part of the United States.

This being the case I want my check back I just mailed to Uncle Sam for this years 1040.:( :shrug:

#7 OFFLINE   Tomsoundman

Tomsoundman

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 388 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 12:12 PM

Why can't I get that website to work?
( http://www.2150.com/broadcast/)

I have my Lat/Long from the websites it suggest to use. With just numbers, I get nothing, if I try + or - it says to use only numeric characters. If I try N,S (north, south) same deal. What am I doing wrong? I feel like a dummy...

#8 Guest_AntAltMike_*

Guest_AntAltMike_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2003 - 07:42 AM

Precede longitude with a minus ( - ) , but do NOT use a plus ( + ) in front of latitude.

#9 OFFLINE   Phil T

Phil T

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 10:16 AM

Originally posted by Tomsoundman
Unless your local stations are operating at flea power and people less than 10 miles tell you they can't even get a signal...

RANT OFF

Yea! are you listening KMGH - ABC - Denver!

spam firewall