Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Western digital for 622 to 722 transfer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   spiderman

spiderman

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:11 PM

Any suggestions on making a western digital passport 250g work with the USB feature on these receivers. I tried a Western Digital MyBook Pro 1Tb, but apparently that is a dual disk that is not compatible. I just keep getting you have connected a device that is not supported or the drive is not recognized.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ChuckA

ChuckA

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:37 PM

The max supported drive is 750 gig. Your 250 gig uses power from the USB port which I understand from others, does not work. You need to use a drive that has its own power supply. I use the Maxtor One Touch series with no problems. There was a thread a while back that lists most available drives and user experiences with them. You should be able to find it with a search.

I assume you have enabled the EHD feature by calling Dish and paying the $40 fee.
Receivers: ViP622 (dual mode), ViP722k (single mode), 311
Dish 1000
America's "Everything" Pack & HD
TV1: SONY 55" KDF-55WF655; HDMI & Components connections
OTA Antenna in attic
PocketDish AV700E

#3 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Super Moderators
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:02 PM

I know that my USB Powered Passport drive also has a port on it for a power supply. It didn't come with one but I'm guessing you could buy one. At that point the passport drive may work. Just a guess.
Rob

DISH Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, & Joey User

#4 OFFLINE   Bill R

Bill R

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:28 PM

Rob is correct. I'm not using one now but I have tried one with an external power supply and it worked fine.
Bill R

#5 OFFLINE   mscroggi

mscroggi

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:49 PM

Actually on one of the tech forums the 750G limit was explained. It isnt really a limit at all.. the limitation is that there can only be a single drive in the enclosure, and at the time of the announcement, 750G was the largest single drives you could buy.. Others on the boards are getting 1TB drives to work.

The max supported drive is 750 gig. ....

#6 OFFLINE   Bill R

Bill R

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:04 PM

I would not use a 1 TB drive until DISH says it is officially supported. I know people that used one and had no problems UNTIL they went over storage of 750 GBs. To me it is just not worth the risk of losing that many recorded programs.
Bill R

spam firewall