Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

IR and UHF Remote Control

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,745 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:30 PM

YO - the 6.3 remote also works on the 625 / 522 receivers as a TV1 remote - I know, 'cause I'm using it that way....
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   wreck

wreck

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 02:56 PM

We've been using a 6.2 to control TV1 via UHF Pro for several years. DISH ships a 6.2 as their "universal" remote with the set of keys as part number 135899 to control any (not 7x00 series) receiver.
"6.2" UHF Pro TV1
Or, for a specific user
http://www.dbstalk.c...90&postcount=15

Golden isn't the word I'd use for someone that supplies incorrect info to their customers.

I'll compromise. I have a ViP222 and the 6.2 will NOT work TV1 via UHF. Only the 6.3 will work UHF to TV1 or TV2. I can't say about different/older models of receivers.

#23 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 03:39 PM

http://tech.dishnetw...3features.shtml

I have a .PDF with all of the various remote control features and capabilities, but I can't find it on DN's website.

#24 OFFLINE   wreck

wreck

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 03:44 PM

http://tech.dishnetw...3features.shtml

I have a .PDF with all of the various remote control features and capabilities, but I can't find it on DN's website.

Thank-you! Here is the same thing for the 6.2:

http://tech.dishnetw...2features.shtml

**** As I said the ViP222 is not listed as UHF remote for TV1

#25 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:53 PM

I'll compromise. I have a ViP222 and the 6.2 will NOT work TV1 via UHF. Only the 6.3 will work UHF to TV1 or TV2. I can't say about different/older models of receivers.

It may be possible that the reason it won't work with you, is that you're not setting it up properly. This is a good forum to ask questions.

#26 OFFLINE   wreck

wreck

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:55 PM

Is it possible that you can't make it work?

[edit] I'm going to apologize for my remarks. I stand by that a ViP222 has to have 6.3 UHF Pro to make TV1 work on UHF -- but I was wrong about my original remote -- it was 5.3. Dish Network claims that the 6.3 is what you should get as a "Universal" replacement to make TV1 UHF . Sorry to ruffle your feathers.

#27 OFFLINE   flatus

flatus

Legend

• Registered
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:51 AM

I found the key in the "broken" remote had been dislocated (probably by one of the kids sitting or throwing it), and the switch the key guides got moved.

I was able to get the key put back to the normal position and the remote was as good as new.

Just wanted to add a "me too" to this reply. I ordered a 6.3 as a replacement remote for my 721 and after a few days it stopped working, except for the ir functions controlling the tv itself. Changed batteries 3 times, cursed a bit, and finally re-seated the key. Luckily I did this before i bought another.

#28 OFFLINE   gordo80

gordo80

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:43 PM

What key are you guys talking about I think I might have the same problem I think my kid was tossing around. Maybe I can get it to work.

#29 OFFLINE   wreck

wreck

Legend

• Registered
  • 139 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:38 PM

What key are you guys talking about I think I might have the same problem I think my kid was tossing around. Maybe I can get it to work.

The "key" is the green or blue plastic indicator on the remote with the "1" or "2" on it. You can remove it by taking off the "battery" lid on the back of the remote and pulling the "key" off with your fingers. These keys have notches on them that set the position of the remote for TV1, TV2 and either IR or UHF.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...