Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Crazy idea for trimming high tree limbs.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   igator99

igator99

Godfather

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:07 PM

I'm sorry can't afford to pay thousands to solve my tree problem even if the HOA would let me. I was thinking about a rope saw and a composite fishing bow! Shoot it up retrieve the arrow and line, hookup the rope saw and pull it up and do some chopping! Crazy? Might work? Might end up dead? :lol:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mengel

mengel

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:55 AM

I'm sorry can't afford to pay thousands to solve my tree problem even if the HOA would let me. I was thinking about a rope saw and a composite fishing bow! Shoot it up retrieve the arrow and line, hookup the rope saw and pull it up and do some chopping! Crazy? Might work? Might end up dead? :lol:

It works fine, that's the way I've done it. Use a thin fishing line attached to the end of the polyrope. Shoot it up and over, then pull up the poly rope for the actual cutting. Just make sure you add some more poly rope to it, so you can cut limbs higher up. The only problem with real high limbs, is you will be directly under them when they finally fall! So pay attention, and jump QUICK!

Or, get another person, stand away from each side, and you each saw by alternating pulling ends. Then when the branch falls, you aren't underneath it.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...