Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Stream Video from Media Center PC to Xbox 360

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   uthuerm

uthuerm

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:03 AM

I have searched everywhere and I cannot find an answer to this questions. I thought I would try this forum to see if anyone can help since it has been a life saver regarding my DTV receiver questions.
I have a large collection of DVDs (they are legally owned) that I would like to rip to my computer (2TBs storage, Vista Home Premium w/ Media Center running) and then be able to stream from my computer to my Xbox 360. The computer and Xbox are on a hard wired network, not wireless. I want to be able to use my 360 to easily access movies that I have instead of having to go get the physical disc. However, I want the quality of the output to be the same as if I am putting the disc into the 360. Is this possible? If it is, what is needed to do this? Is there a better solution to this besides buying an external hard drive and plugging it into the 360 directly?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gazzie4

gazzie4

Legend

• Registered
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:26 AM

you can use media center to do this, but you have to encode your dvd's to a compatible format. there is software out there, you need to search for it, and then connect your media center up and your good to go. There is help on xbox.com on hooking up the media center. Its not hard, but there are firewall ports that need to be opened.
HR20-700 esata 500 gig, HDMI to 47" VIZIO LCD 1080p HDTV, Blu-Ray, HD DVD and VUDU hooked up
HR20-700 HDMI to 32" Vizio HDTV and Svideo to Slingbox HD DVD hooked up
R15 svideo to Samsung LCDTV
5LNB dish

#3 OFFLINE   uthuerm

uthuerm

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for the info. Has anyone done this with success? I just ripped the DVD in both .mp4 and .avi to stream to my 360. When I start Media Center, I go to Videos and Pictures and click on the movie. The 360 freezes. I called the Xbox support and they said it was a PC issue - Microsoft said it was an Xbox issue. Any ideas?

#4 OFFLINE   d1n60

d1n60

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 09:39 PM

Yes, I've done this by converting the dvd to a mpg file and then cataloging it using a MCE addon that can be located at http://www.mymovies.dk/ .

If can help any further pls contact me offline.

d

spam firewall