Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Online Tonight to be completely off XM within 2 weeks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jgc

jgc

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 06:48 AM

According to what post I've read elsewhere, David said he was going to be completely off XM within two weeks, because XM had reached a deal with another syndicator to fill the slot. This is news to me because for one thing I haven't heard him say that on Online Tonight. Does anybody what syndicator is gong to fill the slot?

We'll have to wait and see what happens

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   jegrant

jegrant

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 09:27 PM

Here it is, over a month after the date of this previous post, and Online Tonight is still there. I have nothing against it being carried, but I do wish there was something else besides 24/7 of one show. Surely there are some nice "Internet Only" radio shows about computers that XM could pick up. I bet it would be great promotion for all involved.

#3 OFFLINE   jgc

jgc

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 April 2003 - 04:32 AM

Originally posted by jegrant
Here it is, over a month after the date of this previous post, and Online Tonight is still there.

Yes, unfortunately. It certainly needs to be only on a few hours not 24 hours so internet only shows can be on there or something. Its ridiculuous to have Online Tonight on 24 hours for a long time ever since CNET Radio went away. You would have thought XM would have done something when CNET Radio went away. But oh well, that's not the case, yet. :(

Originally posted by jegrant
I have nothing against it being carried, but I do wish there was something else besides 24/7 of one show.

I have nothing against it either but yes of course it needs something else besides 24/7 of one show

Surely there are some nice "Internet Only" radio shows about computers that XM could pick up.

I'm sure there are but it seems like XM doesn't want to carry them or plans to do something else with the channel. I don't know but they need to do something soon. Heck, I wouldn't mind Tech TV minus the anime, cartoons, and infomercials and the Internet Only radio shows about computers can fill in that gap

OK, I'm done with my rant. :rolleyes: :)
XM Subscriber since April 2002

Protected By... spam firewall...And...