Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Darn cat walk across your keyboard again? Try this.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   blingbling

blingbling

Godfather

• Registered
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 06:56 AM

http://bitboost.com/pawsense/
NEBRASKA - Iowa style at Kansas prices. - Conan O'Brien

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Bogy

Bogy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,229 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 03:23 PM

I should get this for my wife's computer. Our cat loves to walk across in front of her monitor, especially when the cat screensaver is on. What I have done is mount the keyboard on a drawer under the desk, so if she remembers to push it in, the cat can't get at it. Or we could shoot the cat. :D

#3 OFFLINE   gcutler

gcutler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,435 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 05:54 PM

Cat-A-Pult is more cost effective...

Attached Thumbnails

• catapult.jpg

4900 on a SA TiVo and a 508

#4 OFFLINE   blingbling

blingbling

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 297 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 06:08 PM

I thought it was a joke at first...didn't realize it was an actual product. I mean "CAT-LIKE TYPING DETECTED"? Too funny! I'm guilty of CAT-LIKE TYPING on just about any given day ;).

Posted Image
NEBRASKA - Iowa style at Kansas prices. - Conan O'Brien

#5 OFFLINE   Bogy

Bogy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,229 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 08:45 PM

blingbling, if you thought this was a joke, you must not have a cat. :lol:
Actually, I spent a little time looking at the site, and checking out the linked reviews to make sure it wasn't a joke site. This is really a problem other pet owners don't have. Dogs don't generally get up and walk around on desks, birds and hamsters aren't heavy enough to do much typing, and fish generally stay where you put them. Cats however, love to get between you and whatever you are doing, including between you and your monitor, which quite often is...the keyboard. Cats love to "knead" things that have a little "give." Like keyboards. Cat owners can come back and find that bad things have happened to their computers. That is when they would like to use the "Cat-U-Pult." :lol:

#6 OFFLINE   firephoto

firephoto

Icon

• Registered
  • 863 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 09:29 PM

I thought it was a joke till I clicked around the site and saw that it actually wanted you to buy it!
Keyboard tray is a lot easier.

#7 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,210 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 11 April 2003 - 09:58 AM

This is a problem of catastrophic proportions. :eek2:

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#8 OFFLINE   Maniacal1

Maniacal1

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 444 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 10:30 AM

When my oldest cat, Smoqueford, was a little kitten, I was chatting via IM with an old college friend. Smoky climbed up on the keyboard and typed "hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy". OK, so the spelling left something to be desired, but that was pretty conversational for a three-month old kitten!

#9 OFFLINE   gcutler

gcutler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,435 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 12:24 PM

Originally posted by Maniacal1
When my oldest cat, Smoqueford, was a little kitten, I was chatting via IM with an old college friend. Smoky climbed up on the keyboard and typed "hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy". OK, so the spelling left something to be desired, but that was pretty conversational for a three-month old kitten!

But you gave him the pressure of a name like Smoqueford, thats alot of a 3 month old kitten take in, I think he was trying to type "Hey Cut It Out With The Long Name Junk, My Name Is Mittens!!!" :P
4900 on a SA TiVo and a 508

#10 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

Icon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 12:42 PM

I need 16-Month-Old-ToddlerSence. Plus I got a wireless optical mouse and now the baby tries to blind himself looking at the laser then tosses the mouse to the floor. I finally got rid of the wire but now I need to chain the mouse down like the pens at the bank!

#11 OFFLINE   waydwolf

waydwolf

Icon

• Registered
  • 847 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 08:53 PM

This might also stop drunks, illiterates, and a huge number of Generation Y teeny-boppers from communicating in AOL chatrooms in infantile shorthand and leetspeak and then what will become of the computer world?!

Do I have to think of these things myself??? :lol:

Very cute. If I allowed my cat in my den, I'd use it. But there's no product yet to keep them from whizzing on things, is there? My toms mark quite a bit lately.

http://groups.yahoo....linginstallers/

Proud Supporter of any initiative to bring High Definition adult programming to cable and satellite

#12 OFFLINE   Bogy

Bogy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,229 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 10:53 PM

Originally posted by waydwolf Very cute. If I allowed my cat in my den, I'd use it. But there's no product yet to keep them from whizzing on things, is there? My toms mark quite a bit lately.

It's not exactly a "product" that stops that, it's more of a "surgery," a removal of a part of the anatomy. :D

spam firewall