Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
What is VOD/DOD?
Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:44 PM
I'm guessing that it's something that works IF
1) I've got the internet hooked (I'd have to put a wireless connection of some kind -- suggestions?) to my HR20 and
2) I'm willing to wait for an entire HD movie/show to be downloaded over not the satellite but the internet.
Did I guess right?
If so, how long does it take to download a 1-hour HD programs assuming a reasonable speed, say 3MB download speed?
Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:54 AM
If you want to go wireless you need to get an wireless adapter that has an ethernet connection not USB. Some of us are you the Linksys wireless game adapter (WGA54G).
Yes you download the show from a broad band internet connection.
Right now there is only a few PPV HD movies so there has not been a lot of testing. But with 3mb SD is about 1:1 download to watch. So you should be able to watch SD live but HD you will need to download a lot of it first before you can start watching.
The link below should help some more.
Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:08 AM
How do I setup my HD DRV+ so that I can I listen to MP3 music and see jpg photos?
→ Networking Your HD DVR+ ● Media Share Overview
How do I use DIRECTV on Demand to download movies and programs to my HD DVR?
→ DoD Overview ● FAQ ● Networking Your HD DVR+
• A Simple Channels I Receive Solution • A Dramatically Faster User Interface
• Undocumented Tips & Tricks • HD DVR FAQ • Wish List Survey
• Installation FAQ • TiVo Users Survival Guide
Be a DBSTalk Club Member for $15 Support DBSTalk.com
Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:54 AM
HD needs about 16mb to download in real time.
Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:39 PM