Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

622 UHF remote to control a 510?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Amon37

Amon37

AllStar

• Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:34 AM

I have a 510 and the remote crapped out on me. Can I use the 622's UHF remote to control that 510 until the replacement remote comes? I'm using the 622 in single mode and really have no use for the second remote.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   CABill

CABill

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:25 AM

The 6.3 UHF Pro and the 5.3 IR remotes that came with the 622 can control the 510 in Aux mode. If System Info shows the 510 to be using address x, you program Aux mode as "3x#".

You could also program Sat mode to address x as well. Nothing special to do on the 5.3 IR remote (510 accepts IR or "Old UHF"). To use the 6.3 UHF remote in Sat mode, you need to open the battery cover, remove the blue 2 key and put it back in with the black side showing. It then sends "Address X" codes in "Old UHF" (and IR) instead of UHF Pro. When in System Info, you can also make the 510 change its address to whatever the remote is configured for by just pressing the Record button.

#3 OFFLINE   Amon37

Amon37

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:56 AM

Thanks for the reply but you threw a couple of options at me there and I'm not sure how to decipher the instructions.

I'm going to use the UHF remote since the IR remote is controlling the 622 now.

I don't understand what you mean when you say:

you program Aux mode as "3x#

This I think I understand:

To use the 6.3 UHF remote in Sat mode, you need to open the battery cover, remove the blue 2 key and put it back in with the black side showing. It then sends "Address X" codes in "Old UHF" (and IR) instead of UHF Pro. When in System Info, you can also make the 510 change its address to whatever the remote is configured for by just pressing the Record button.

I just pull the battery cover, switch the key, hit sys info on the receiver, press the record button on the remote so it matches the address and I'm good to go?

#4 OFFLINE   langlin

langlin

Godfather

• Registered
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:27 AM

Your easist option is to use option 1, have the AUX send an "old UHF" signal by programing it using "3x#", the 3 tells the control to send "UHF", the x is your code number and the # stores the change. If you do this, the control will work with both receivers, Sat for the 622 and AUX fior the 510.
Sending pictures through the air is impossible, Television will never work!

Leon
Dish VIP722K
SW L6.62 Sat 1000 and 500 61.5/110/119/129
AbsoluteHD
Monitor Toshiba TW65x81 Component and Samsung HL-T7288W
Other Dish VIP612 SW L6.09

#5 OFFLINE   CABill

CABill

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:21 PM

I agree with langlin that Aux is the easiest, unless you are using Aux for audio receiver, DVD player, ...

If you get the 510 to Sys Info, push and hold Aux button until the other Devices light, then press 39# and the remote is configured to send IR and "Old UHF" on address 9. Press record and the 510 should change from whatever address had been displayed to 9. Aux mode uses a 1st digit of 0 for a TV code, 1 for VCR/DVD code, 2 for Tuner/Amp, and 3 for DISH Receiver (IR or Old UHF, not UHF Pro).

You got the UHF part right - the receiver will switch to whatever address you have the remote set to. If the 622 and 510 are set to the same address, in the same room, they may both obey either remote so it would be best if they were different addresses. If the 510 is in a different room, it wouldn't matter if it matched the 622 (either TV1/TV2).

#6 OFFLINE   Amon37

Amon37

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:45 PM

I agree with langlin that Aux is the easiest, unless you are using Aux for audio receiver, DVD player, ...

If you get the 510 to Sys Info, push and hold Aux button until the other Devices light, then press 39# and the remote is configured to send IR and "Old UHF" on address 9. Press record and the 510 should change from whatever address had been displayed to 9. Aux mode uses a 1st digit of 0 for a TV code, 1 for VCR/DVD code, 2 for Tuner/Amp, and 3 for DISH Receiver (IR or Old UHF, not UHF Pro).

Ok the 3x# makes a lot more sense and seems easiest to configure. I will try when I get home.

Thanks for all your help.

Edit: So as not bump. Just wanted to say using the method worked great

#7 OFFLINE   jeffg369

jeffg369

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:43 AM

How do you go the other way - use 510 remote as 722 remote for TV2?

#8 OFFLINE   CABill

CABill

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:18 AM

You can't use a 510's "Planinum" remote to control TV2 because it is "Old UHF", not UHF Pro. You can control TV1 because the 510's remote will generate IR, but you are lacking many keys. You'd need a UHF Pro remote to control TV2 on a 722.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...