Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

UR7 Gamer remote and RC64R remote

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:22 PM

I just got my HR-21 installed today. I also left my HR-10 activated on the same TV. I'm having some remote issues (I know, invest in a Harmony). But in the meantime:

Regarding the RC64R: I want all my devices to go OFF and ON with one button. I got it programmed to recognize my TV and my Panny Audio Receiver all while the slider is in DTV mode (the first slide). The installer had programmed my volume controll to my TV instead of the Panny. So now I can use the volume and it controls the Panny. I also got the remote to recognize my TV. If I slide over to TV and hit Menu, it brings up my TVs menu. Here's the question: How can I get the remote to turn OFF my TV and my Panny Audio System. OFF and POWER just seem to put the HR-21 into what I'd call Stand-By (thats what its called in my HD-Tivo at least). Oh, and the next day I may want to use the ON button and have it turn on my Panny and my TV :)

Regarding the UR7: I found posts on here about programming for code SAT-173. Do I have to use SAT? I tried using one of the other device Modes (360) (Media), but it didn't work. I can't use SAT because my HR-10 Tivo is programmed there. Are there any other options for me to control the HR-10 and the HR-20 on the UR7, or another cheaper remote?

Maybe Edmund can help, or anyone? Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:57 PM

Sorry the white remotes can't power on & off the audio receiver along with tv & dtv receiver with one key, or any key in the dtv device.

any device on the UR7 remote can be programmed with code for any other device. like so:

1. press and hold 360 device key & Select until the device lights
2. tap CBL/SAT key
3. enter 1 7 3
4. press 360 device key to lock in code
aka Tivoburkee

#3 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:56 PM

Those steps worked, thanks! I was missing step two. Ya know I really like that $3.50 UR7. Edmund, I think it was you (or one of your threads) that alerted to me to that deal last summer-- Thanks!

Regarding turning everything OFF, I'm very dissapointed that the white remotes can't do what my 7-yr old Peanut can do.

#4 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:12 PM

The peanut remote tuned two things off, the tv and av receiver. So does the white remotes, buts its the TV & Sat. :)

I still have 5 of the gamers.
aka Tivoburkee

#5 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 08:26 AM

Should I be able to teach those color keys to the UR7 (white). I can't seem to get them to learn and they don't do anything after programming 1 7 3.

#6 OFFLINE   Edmund

Edmund

Remote Master

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,759 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:16 AM

Should I be able to teach those color keys to the UR7 (white). I can't seem to get them to learn and they don't do anything after programming 1 7 3.

Yes, you will have to teach those commands, and I have taught the commands without any trouble to the Gamer.
aka Tivoburkee

#7 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:16 AM

Nevermind. I just had to try a few times, and program each color one at a time.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...