Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

PLEASE!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tsrk30

tsrk30

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:53 PM

I became a Sky Angel subscriber around 1995. They offered the Lifetime plan many times and I always turned it down for one simple reason, I knew if everyone did that they would never make any money and could not survive. I payed a month subscription for years. I challenged many Christians not to take the lifetime offer and support Sky Angel with a monthly subscription. I did not always agree with decisions Sky Angel made but to have RadioU, TVU, and the Worship channel was more important then most people would ever know. I would pay $20 a month for just those 3 channels alone! I was not happy to see that Sky Angel would be leaving Satellite and switching to IPTV. I am even more bothered by many of the comments people have posted here about Sky Angel and what they want to do. Some have suggested a possible lawsuit! I think some people need to take a minute and consider the scriptures:

1 Corinthians 6 makes it very clear that Christians are not to take other Christians to court! In fact the text goes on to say:

1 Corinthians 6:1-20
1 Does any one of you, when he has a case against his neighbor, dare to go to law before the unrighteous and not before the saints? 2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? If the world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law courts? 3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more matters of this life? 4 So if you have law courts dealing with matters of this life, do you appoint them as judges who are of no account in the church? 5 I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not among you one wise man who will be able to decide between his brethren, 6 but brother goes to law with brother, and that before unbelievers? 7 Actually, then, it is already a defeat for you, that you have lawsuits with one another. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be defrauded? 8 On the contrary, you yourselves wrong and defraud. You do this even to your brethren.

We are to be defrauded instead of bringing Christians to court!

I am sorry that some have been hurt by the actions of Sky Angel but please move on and handle this in a biblical way! Remember we are to forgive as Christ has forgiven us.

There may be some who are interested in the new IPTV service. I know that I am, so can someone please post a detailed review of the new service? I want to know about picture quality, and the sound quality. If I were to get the service I would have the sound going through my very good home stereo system. I would love to be able to have TVU blasting through my house again :)

I am concerned it is going to sound like streaming audio usually does on the Internet. I want it to sound as well as the music channels do on Dish Network.

I would love to see pictures of the box and how you have it hooked up etc.

So please I am begging someone post a detailed review.

Thank you for your time and for considering my words.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jashobeam

Jashobeam

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:45 AM

Thanks for the passage :) How can anyone read that and think it doesn't apply to them in today's world? It's obvious we aren't to sue other Christians.

#3 OFFLINE   Bill R

Bill R

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:35 PM

What a bunch of SB!!!

You can read anything you want and twist it however you want. It does not mean that you it applies in today's world. If you take everything that is in the bible as literal you could not function in today's world.

There are a lot of good principles in the bible but many churches (including mine) do not take it as "the ultimate guide on how to live your life".

Sky Angel's people are going to get what is coming to them and if it takes the court to do that then I'm all for it.
Bill R

#4 OFFLINE   ragamuffin

ragamuffin

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:27 PM

You have a good heart and your wish to keep sky angel successful is wonderful,

About not taking fellow Christians to court does not mean that nothing should ever be done.

If you will recall the proper method is for Christians to hear the matter and decide, if effect the Christians become the Judges.

However, the scriptures go on, if they will not hear the Church, then they are not considered to be part of the church.

I would hope that a Christian council is brought together and everyone has a chance to have their say, and then the Christian Council make a decision.

However SA has decided to use a loophole in secular law to escape their obligation, so it is SA who chose to use secular law first, not those who want SA to act in good faith.

If Sky Angel had come to all the Lifetime members and asked for help, I believe they would have helped.

I've tried many times through the years to offer help, even offering to help donate my time and efforts to let others know.

And I was able to get many to sign up with SA

Will there be a lawsuit? I don't know.

I do know the right thing for Sky Angel is to extend lifetime members the opportunity to continue receiving via the new transmission method.

And if Sky Angel needs our support, I think they would find us more than willing to help.

Have you asked all those who go to church if they know about SA?

As to Lifetime memberships, those Lifetime memberships allowed Sky Angel to have the needed resources to achieve the growth needed. Also those who invested in lifetime memberships took a step of faith because they believed in Sky Angel.

From what I have been able to determine through the years, SA only scratched the surface of the full potential of the Christian market.

If enough new lifetime members signed up, SA would have the needed funds to launch their own satellite, the vision that God gave to Robert W. Johnson, Sr.

So what was always needed was additional marketing – advertising tools to reach the entire church.

It’s tragic that that vision now seems to have passed. The new technology will allow Christian Programming to continue without the secular “gatekeepers” stopping it.

However, while they may be smaller in number, those in rural and remote areas will not be able to receive Sky Angel.

I’m afraid that Sky Angel will not be able to grow as it should, it’s tragic that after Mr. Robert W. Johnson Sr. passed the vision of a 100% Christian satellite service was altered to include secular channels.
It wasn’t long after that that Sky Angel began to have troubles.

Fortunately there are many opportunities for Christian programming. Via the Internet, Sky Angel’s new IPTV, Glorystar and others via broadcast (especially with the new digital broadcast technology) and cable.

So in a sense the vision given to Mr. Robert W. Johnson, Sr. is being fulfilled in a way.

But his greater vision of being able to use DBS technology to broadcast all around the world is greatly limited from what it could be, and I hope that it might be in the future.

With that in mind, I hope the vision Mr. Robert W. Johnson, Sr. received will be revived.

I became a Sky Angel subscriber around 1995. They offered the Lifetime plan many times and I always turned it down for one simple reason, I knew if everyone did that they would never make any money and could not survive. I payed a month subscription for years. I challenged many Christians not to take the lifetime offer and support Sky Angel with a monthly subscription. I did not always agree with decisions Sky Angel made but to have RadioU, TVU, and the Worship channel was more important then most people would ever know. I would pay $20 a month for just those 3 channels alone! I was not happy to see that Sky Angel would be leaving Satellite and switching to IPTV. I am even more bothered by many of the comments people have posted here about Sky Angel and what they want to do. Some have suggested a possible lawsuit! I think some people need to take a minute and consider the scriptures:

1 Corinthians 6 makes it very clear that Christians are not to take other Christians to court! In fact the text goes on to say:

1 Corinthians 6:1-20
1 Does any one of you, when he has a case against his neighbor, dare to go to law before the unrighteous and not before the saints? 2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? If the world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law courts? 3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more matters of this life? 4 So if you have law courts dealing with matters of this life, do you appoint them as judges who are of no account in the church? 5 I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not among you one wise man who will be able to decide between his brethren, 6 but brother goes to law with brother, and that before unbelievers? 7 Actually, then, it is already a defeat for you, that you have lawsuits with one another. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be defrauded? 8 On the contrary, you yourselves wrong and defraud. You do this even to your brethren.

We are to be defrauded instead of bringing Christians to court!

I am sorry that some have been hurt by the actions of Sky Angel but please move on and handle this in a biblical way! Remember we are to forgive as Christ has forgiven us.

There may be some who are interested in the new IPTV service. I know that I am, so can someone please post a detailed review of the new service? I want to know about picture quality, and the sound quality. If I were to get the service I would have the sound going through my very good home stereo system. I would love to be able to have TVU blasting through my house again :)

I am concerned it is going to sound like streaming audio usually does on the Internet. I want it to sound as well as the music channels do on Dish Network.

I would love to see pictures of the box and how you have it hooked up etc.

So please I am begging someone post a detailed review.

Thank you for your time and for considering my words.

#5 OFFLINE   koji68

koji68

Icon

• Registered
  • 623 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:27 PM

What a bunch of SB!!!

You can read anything you want and twist it however you want. It does not mean that you it applies in today's world. If you take everything that is in the bible as literal you could not function in today's world.

Indeed. But wrong in this case.

Paul was writing about Christians taking Christians to court over property issues. It relates very closely to this issue. The teachings are clear, better to be robbed than to use secular courts against a fellow Christian. Or use the secular courts against other Christians to give them "what's coming to them."
Put me down! Put me down! Come on put me down!

Kiva.org

#6 OFFLINE   Bill R

Bill R

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:07 PM

Why do you think something written nearly 2000 years ago makes sense now? Just because it is in the bible does not mean that it applies for all time. As you can tell, I belong to a church that does not follow the bible "down to the very last word". We had a bishop who once told me that "the bible is a piece of outdated @*$^". Of course, he would NEVER say that in public, but MANY true Christians that I know really do believe that.
Bill R

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,107 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:14 PM

And on that note ... I'm reminded why religion, politics and sexual discussions are not permitted at DBSTalk.

We're not here to debate religion ... we're here to TALK DBS!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...