Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Christian Channels on DISH

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   quiverof8

quiverof8

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 06:52 PM

ok, but DISH states that they will not carry angel 2 or KTV..........

What do you make of this?

You have been connected to (05-03) Matt G.
(05-03) Matt G: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. How may I assist you?
****: I am a current lifetime subscriber for sky angel. I will not be subscribing to IPTV. sky angel is not trying to sell me a DISH package.
(05-03) Matt G: ********** is not bringing up a account, would your account happen to be under another phone number?
(05-03) Matt G: Ok, one moment.
****: What channels would be on the dish package besides the ones they mentioned, angel 1, angel 2 and ktv?
****: *********
(05-03) Matt G: Ok.
(05-03) Matt G: One moment please.
(05-03) Matt G: We do have Angel one and two and Ktv.
(05-03) Matt G: We have a package named the Dish Family package that carries our most viewed family programming.
******: what package will they be on? What happens to my lifetime membership? It seems like they want to charge me again for the same channels I already have
(05-03) Matt G: The Dish Family package is $19.99 per month.
****: angel 2 and ktv are not listed on the family package, when will they be added?
(05-03) Matt G: One moment.
(05-03) Matt G: Yes you are correct at this time we do not know if Angel 2 will be added to our existing channel line up, also the only TV channel that we offer is a international one, a Tamil-language channel.
*****: will angel 1, 2 and ktv be available on any of the other packages?
(05-03) Matt G: Not at this time.
****: They why is sky angle offing to sign people up for dish , stating that we can continue to receive those channels via dish network?
(05-03) Matt G: The only KTV channel that we have is a internation channel KTV, a Tamil-language channel.
******: my acct # is *************
(05-03) Matt G: You may be able to thru Sky Angel, we do not have information on what they are currently offering.
*****: which phone # do yo have listed for it?
(05-03) Matt G: ********* (the first # I gave him!).
******: You don't understand , sky angel is offering to sign people up for DISH network if they can't or won't get the new IPTV service. they clearly stated that I would be able to receive angel 1, angel 2 and ktv. are you saying that is not true?
(05-03) Matt G: It more then likely is true, however you would need to call Sky Angel to set it up.
(05-03) Matt G: Dominion / Sky Angel
800-759-2643
(05-03) Matt G: Please call the above phone number for further information.
*******: why would I need to purchase dishnetwork programming though sky angel? I already purchased a lifetime subscription though them that they won't honor
(05-03) Matt G: The agreement that Sky Angel is offering to you is the only way to continue to receive all three of those channels.
******: No, its NOT ok. I can't even get a straight answer out of you
(05-03) Matt G: WE do not directly offer those channels on a package.
(05-03) Matt G: On the Dish Family package we have Angel one, but not Angel two or KTV.
(05-03) Matt G: Is there anything else I can do for you?
*********: then who would I be paying, sky angel or dish? if sky angel then Why would I have to pay them for what I already receive via my lifetime package? what package would I be getting from dominion>?
(05-03) Matt G: The only information that I have in this department is that Sky Angel was going completely to IPTV service.
(05-03) Matt G: Our Dish network commercial department handles the Sky Angel and Dominion packages.
*****: What happens to my service when that occurs? date?
(05-03) Matt G: The only information that I have in this department is that Sky Angel was going completely to IPTV service.
(05-03) Matt G: Our Dish network commercial department handles the Sky Angel and Dominion packages.
*******: What happens to my service when that occurs? date?
(05-03) Matt G: I would need to give you our commercial departments phone number.
******: please give me a phone # to someone who knows what is going on.......
(05-03) Matt G: Please call Commercial 1-800-454-0843.
(05-03) Matt G: The commercial department has always handled those packages.
(05-03) Matt G: They should be able to explain what options are still available to you.
(05-03) Matt G: You are all set. Is there anything else I can do for you?
(05-03) Matt G: Are you still there?

****: yes, just copying the transcrpt for future reference
(05-03) Matt G: Is there anything else I can do for you?
******: no
05-03) Matt G: Thank you for using Dish Network Live Chat. Have a great day.
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

I then called the "commercial phone #" for dish commercial:

Called, this is what I was told by dish commercial CS "giselle?":

There is no such offering for a dish package to carry angel 2 and ktv. Dish currently offers a different ktv which is a foreign language program

They have no channels scheduled to be added as updates to family package or other pkgs that are currently on sky angel, including angel 2 or ktv.

They will no longer do any programing changes or turn on sky angel customers. I guess that means if someones box goes out now, too bad

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,214 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:47 PM

ok, but DISH states that they will not carry angel 2 or KTV..........

What do you make of this?

They have no channels scheduled to be added as updates to family package or other pkgs that are currently on sky angel, including angel 2 or ktv.

They will no longer do any programing changes or turn on sky angel customers. I guess that means if someones box goes out now, too bad

As mentioned MANY times before ... DISH DOES NOT DISCUSS POTENTIAL CHANNEL ADDITIONS UNLESS THERE HAS BEEN SOME SORT OF ANNOUNCEMENT.

If you don't understand that, please re-read it until you do.

No amount of YOU telling a CSR what to agree with will change that fact. You are asking a DISH CSR to explain the words of a SkyAngel CSR. You might as well called DirecTV and asked one of their CSRs what channels DISH would be adding. Or Verizon Wireless. Or UPS. Or the principle of your kid's school. They would have equal difficulty and just as much authority speaking for SkyAngel as the DISH CSR.

Ask DISH about DISH not about SkyAngel. That is the only system they have any hope of being an authority on ... and don't ask them to guess the future unless it 1) has been announced or 2) you want speculation.

#23 OFFLINE   quiverof8

quiverof8

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:02 PM

giselle the commercial rep told me they have a list of pending and future channels to be added and that those are definitely not on it.

this was not just a dish CSR. It was CS then a supervisor and finally commercial accts.

Sky angel is trying to sell a dish package yet dish says its not available. If the $24.99 is , as some have said dish family plus SA and locals, its should be $19.99 without locals, yet that wasn't an option.

Rather than argue over the information I was given I suggest calling sky angel yourself to find out more about the view sky angel on DISH network offer.

#24 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,214 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:38 PM

Why don't I call DirecTV? ... They would be just as much of an expert on the future plans of DISH as a SkyAngel CSR. :)

Via DISH you are given the accurate options of $19.99 or $24.99 w/locals (if available in your area). Via SkyAngel you were given an apparently inaccurate price for a non-existent service. Guess which CSR I'll trust.

#25 OFFLINE   quiverof8

quiverof8

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:08 AM

How can it be a "non existant service" if sky angel has sent out mailers and is taking orders?

#26 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,214 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:30 AM

You will have to take that up with SkyAngel.

DISH does not have a service that includes Angel 2 and KTV (the Christian channel). No such service exists. If SkyAngel is selling such a service today, they are making a mistake.

Feel free to post a PDF of the mailer or a link to a SkyAngel site that is selling the service.

#27 OFFLINE   quiverof8

quiverof8

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:35 PM

I tried to scan and upload the letter but file exceeds allowed size. will email to anyone who contacts me.

I was able to scan the post card , see box 'I can't get high speed internet....."

Attached Thumbnails

• sc0074d12f.jpg

#28 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:17 AM

AHA!!!! I get the source of the confusion!!!!

Dish network either is or will be offering high speed interenet! The 24.99 price is for SKY ANGEL's Family Pack service, not Dish Network. The "Sky Angel channels via Dish Network" should be Sky Angel channels via SATELLITE BROADBAND SERVICE through Dish Network. Well, Dish doesn't have that yet I don't think!

So it is NO, repeat NOT Dish network that will be providing the Sky Angel channels. It is SKY ANGEL that is selling their IPTV service using FUTURE broadband service through Dish Network!

But I could be wrong. :)

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"Local Channels available and coming to Dish"
"TV Market Maps"

#29 OFFLINE   quiverof8

quiverof8

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:25 AM

I think you are as they said this will be available when they switch to iptv

#30 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:26 AM

Here's the page that quiverof8 emailed to me. (Thanks)

Attached Thumbnails

• page2sa.gif

Yes, FTABlog is active again. Why do you ask?

#31 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,214 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:57 AM

The letter seems to make it pretty clear that "you can still watch all three SkyAngel channels, Angel One, Angel Two and KTV on DISH Network." And that SkyAngel is selling DISH Network satellite programming (not DISH satellite internet service).

It just appears that DISH doesn't know about (or acknowledge) these apparent changes. The extra two channels certainly are not on DISH yet. Just SkyAngel. Give DISH time to catch up.

#32 OFFLINE   BNUMM

BNUMM

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:13 PM

Also, why would SA send you to Dish for High Speed Internet when SA offers HughesNet (or at least they did the last time I checked.

#33 OFFLINE   BNUMM

BNUMM

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:23 PM

Forget the above post. I just checked SA's site and they no longer show that they offer HughesNet.

#34 OFFLINE   quiverof8

quiverof8

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:43 PM

Sky angel offered hughes net BUT it was NOT "compatible" with IPTV

#35 OFFLINE   mrjosh

mrjosh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:22 AM

Let me solve this problem....

Dish Family is 19.99...
The mailer in question is advertising 24.99 for Sky Angel's IPTV service which has nothing to do with Dish Network. When you check "NO", it says to contact Sky Angel for information on how to keep Sky Angel using your Dish equipment. It does not tell you that Dish is going to charge 24.99 for their family package.

Please note that Angel One is currently available to ALL Dish Network customers on ALL packages. In fact, if you point your dish at the 119/110 satellites with Dish 500, you will receive CCTV9 from China, NASA, and Angel One without even having to activate service (I had dish long before I had sky angel).

Where Dish plans to stick the 2 additional channels is anyone's guess.
TVU told me that KTV and Angel Two were definately going to picked up by Dish and TVU may be aired in the evening and overnight on KTV, though that had not been made official yet.

Also, keep in mind that 3ABN is carried by Dish Network and NOT by Sky Angel DBS. Dish merely remapped it to the Sky Angel tier so that Sky Angel customers could view it. However, I have a receiver with No Sky Angel programming in another part of the house but it still receives 3ABN. Therefore, 3ABN is available on Dish Network, not on Sky Angel DBS.

Hope this clears up some things.

#36 OFFLINE   quiverof8

quiverof8

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:35 AM

No, you misunderstand me . I called sky angel and they told me in order to get dish family WITH angel 1 , angel 2 and KTV it was a) $24.99 and B) I had to sign up via sky angel. I questoned them as to the price $19.99 vs $24.99 and they were insistent that its $24.99.... I am in an area that can't get locals :( I did not order, am waiting to see what dish actually does with the sky angel channels. I am not willing to pay extra for them. Of course dish said they are NOT being added............

angel 1 is currently listed as part of DISH, not public interest. One would think the other 2 channels would be added as well.

#37 OFFLINE   mrjosh

mrjosh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:14 AM

No, you misunderstand me . I called sky angel and they told me in order to get dish family WITH angel 1 , angel 2 and KTV it was a) $24.99 and B) I had to sign up via sky angel. I questoned them as to the price $19.99 vs $24.99 and they were insistent that its $24.99.... I am in an area that can't get locals :( I did not order, am waiting to see what dish actually does with the sky angel channels. I am not willing to pay extra for them. Of course dish said they are NOT being added............

angel 1 is currently listed as part of DISH, not public interest. One would think the other 2 channels would be added as well.

It sounds to me that Sky Angel is trying to do everything they can to get people to send them more money. According to the mailer, that's not what it is. However, I did not get a mailer and I have not called Sky Angel. I cancelled the service about 8 months ago and they never shut it off. So when they go dark, it won't be any loss to me, even though I do like TVU and Radio U. But, it also sounds like they are trying to get you confused with the Dish family pack and their own family pack so that you will buy theirs thinking it's the Dish one but it really isn't.

Dish CSR email said: "Our current price for Dish Family is guaranteed til atleast 2009 at $19.99 a month. We can not make any comment about future channels however until an official announcement is made. If a channel is added to any of our current packages, it will not immediately increase the price of the package. Pricing is determined at the end of each fiscal year and will be re-evaluated at such time that we feel it necessary in order to continue to provide the high quality service you've come to expect from Dish Network. While our contract with Dominion currently prevents us from making any decisions regarding future religious channels, we can tell you that Dish Network is exploring options to provide Dominion customers with some of the programming they have enjoyed with Sky Angel. While we regrettably can't offer all the channels, we hope that customers will find most of their favorite programming on the channels we do add to the Dish Network family. We can not speak for Dominion but if you have questions on specific channels, we encourage you so contact that channel to find other ways to receive it."

I wouldn't listen to too much SkyAngel says. That's why I contacted some of the individual channels. Spirit Communications (TVU/Spirit Television/Radio U) seems to be up on what is going on. They told me that Dish is adding the channels in question and that Sky Angel will be washing their hands completely of the DBS service.

Another note: Echo Star III will be leaving it's orbital location later this month or the first part of April to make way for a new Dish.

#38 OFFLINE   terrymr

terrymr

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:33 AM

Will the SKY ANGEL IPTV Receiver pick up other IPTV signals???????

From other carriewrs, not SKY ANGEL?

#39 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,214 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:13 AM

No, you misunderstand me . I called sky angel and they told me in order to get dish family WITH angel 1 , angel 2 and KTV it was a) $24.99 and B) I had to sign up via sky angel.

OK ... you've spent entire threads arguing about how SkyAngel are thieves and liars but on this issue you are completely unwilling to accept that the information they are giving you is wrong? Isn't this the same SkyAngel you have blasted in other threads?

I don't know how it can be stated any clearer. mrjosh does it best:

Dish CSR email said: "Our current price for Dish Family is guaranteed til atleast 2009 at $19.99 a month. We can not make any comment about future channels however until an official announcement is made. If a channel is added to any of our current packages, it will not immediately increase the price of the package. Pricing is determined at the end of each fiscal year and will be re-evaluated at such time that we feel it necessary in order to continue to provide the high quality service you've come to expect from Dish Network. While our contract with Dominion currently prevents us from making any decisions regarding future religious channels, we can tell you that Dish Network is exploring options to provide Dominion customers with some of the programming they have enjoyed with Sky Angel. While we regrettably can't offer all the channels, we hope that customers will find most of their favorite programming on the channels we do add to the Dish Network family. We can not speak for Dominion but if you have questions on specific channels, we encourage you so contact that channel to find other ways to receive it."

Based on the reality we know, that is the truth.

Another note: Echo Star III will be leaving it's orbital location later this month or the first part of April to make way for a new Dish.

Probably late April ... the new satellite needs to be tested first, them move into position. DISH has asked for up to 60 days after launch (March 14th, ET) for testing. As much as I would like to have AMC-14 running on April 1st testing and getting it right is more important than getting it fast.

Will the SKY ANGEL IPTV Receiver pick up other IPTV signals???????

From other carriewrs, not SKY ANGEL?

Not likely. If it does there would be no blocking people from using their SkyAngel recivers for streamed porn (other than the people selling streamed porn blocking their services).

#40 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:52 AM

Occam's razor suggests that SkyAngel's promotion of the extra two channels may be legitimate.

Why would Dish not acknowledge this new package of channels? Possibly because Dish rarely announces such changes in advance. Sounds reasonable to me.

Why would SkyAngel be promoting a bogus plan? To fleece subscribers? To keep them from leaving for some other service? Because they thought they had it worked out with Dish but they don't? These explanations suggest that someone at SkyAngel is overly greedy, worried, or incompetent. I wouldn't rule that out, but it seems less likely than Dish playing its future plans close to the vest.

The real answer is that we won't know for sure until the time comes. But I don't think that anyone is wrong to argue either side of the question.
Yes, FTABlog is active again. Why do you ask?

spam firewall