Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR20-700 Move IR Sensor?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jasonp5

jasonp5

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:57 PM

Is there any type of cable that one could get that would cover the current IR Sensor and basically allow me to move it elsewhere? I want to do the same thing with my TV because sometimes the sensors are covered on both. I thought if there was an extension type cable that would allow me to move the IR Sensor to the top of the TV, that would be perfect...

I have seen things before that have an IR sensor on one end and a plug type connection on the other end, but I don't know how that works...

Not looking for something expensive, just something easy to make the IR Sensor more accessible...
Thanks,

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:27 PM

Well, there are devices that will allow you to use one central sensor and repeat that for all your devices. Look for "Xantech 291 KIT".

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

#3 OFFLINE   trex021

trex021

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:41 PM

Search for "Hot Link Pro Remote Control Booster System ( 8225P )" on Amazon. Probably overkill for what you are looking for but it's the bomb.

#4 OFFLINE   paulman182

paulman182

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:53 PM

I had an RCA IR booster once, and the last one I had came from Radio Shack. They pick up the IR, transmit the info as RF, and convert it back to IR on the other end, then send it to the receiver.

The ones I had weren't very expensive or I wouldn't have had them.

Equipment includes a buncha stuff that I no longer have interest in detailing

spam firewall