Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Random problem just started

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   aphoward

aphoward

Legend

• Registered
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:26 AM

So I've had my HR20-700 for over a year now, with no problems whatsoever. I've participated in a few CEs, but I'm on the National Release right now. Today I go and try to check upcoming recordings, but when I hit "Manage Recordings", it tells me I have 23 on my to do list. When I click on to do list, it says there are no upcoming recordings. I know this is wrong because I can see the recording icon in the guide, and it is still recording stuff. Also, my History is now blank except for all of the software downloads from the past year and a half.

Any ideas what could be causing this unusual display, or how to fix it?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   fliptheflop

fliptheflop

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:29 AM

I had this happen to me two weeks ago. I tried everything I could to fix it but nothing worked. So since it was still recording everything I left it alone. I noticed a few days ago that the to do list was back and working just fine.

#3 OFFLINE   Supervolcano

Supervolcano

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:46 AM

After your recording ends, reboot it.
See if that fixes it.
Click Here to See my Equipment and SWM8 Configuration.
Click Here for My Theories on why we have no shouldn't have DLB yet.
Click Here to Review cbaker's "Long Term (Multiple CE) Bug List".

#4 ONLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,860 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:17 AM

I have had similar problems and it is really just a UI issue. Your to do list is not empty but it's not capable of being displayed. It should work fine. However, a reboot, whenever you choose to do it, will probably bring the list back. It did for me.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#5 OFFLINE   aphoward

aphoward

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:03 AM

Finally caught the box at a time when it wasn't recording, so I rebooted in the menu. Took a lot longer than usual to come back online, but it is back to normal now, everything is being displayed again.

spam firewall