Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Series Link - Lost & American Idol

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   eileen22

eileen22

Godfather

• Registered
  • 370 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:21 AM

I just got the HR20-100 yesterday. I tried to set up some of my series recordings, and have a situation that doesn't make sense to me.

I set up American Idol to record as a series link by finding last night's episode in the guide and pressing record twice. Got the symbol that shows the series link was set up (the R in the circle with the )) to the right). I see future recordings in the To Do list, no problem.

I went to do this same thing this morning with Lost, and it gives me the same R symbol that indicates a series link, but the future Lost episodes are not appearing in the To Do list. Those future episodes DO appear in the guide, but they are not set to record. I tried doing First Run only or Both, but nothing changes. I moved the priority for Lost to #1, still nothing changes.

Is this a known issue, and is there a workaround/fix (other than setting up a manual record)? Why would one show work and another wouldn't? I saw a similar issue someone was having w/NBC Nightly News, but I think his is working now. Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:25 AM

Give it a little bit longer to gather up all of the episode information .. Sometimes it can take up to 24 hours to get all of the episodes set to record.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   eileen22

eileen22

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 370 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:39 AM

Give it a little bit longer to gather up all of the episode information .. Sometimes it can take up to 24 hours to get all of the episodes set to record.

Even if the episodes apper in the guide?

#4 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:41 AM

Even if the episodes apper in the guide?

Yes .. check this afternoon and see if they have populated the To Do list.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   Capt'n

Capt'n

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:16 AM

This is a perfect example of why this double tap system doesn't work. Lost is currently running a repeat right before the first run episode. What happens if you setup a series link using the repeat episode right before it starts? My guess is it will not record the next episode which is the one you really want to record. They really need to add a manual series link setup option that updates instantly.

#6 OFFLINE   golfnut-n-nh

golfnut-n-nh

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:05 PM

Check the number of episodes to be kept(saved). I believe the default is 2. Increasing this number may force the To Do List to populate.

#7 OFFLINE   jahgreen

jahgreen

Godfather

• Registered
  • 438 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:20 PM

This is a perfect example of why this double tap system doesn't work. Lost is currently running a repeat right before the first run episode. What happens if you setup a series link using the repeat episode right before it starts? My guess is it will not record the next episode which is the one you really want to record. They really need to add a manual series link setup option that updates instantly.

I'm missing something. Why would you set up a series link on the repeat episode rather than a new episode?
Panasonic 50px60U
(1) HR20-700, (1) HR21-100
Salamander Design Synergy Cabinet with plasma mount

DirecTV since 2004

#8 OFFLINE   Capt'n

Capt'n

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:36 PM

Because it shouldn't matter what episode you use. It should record all shows that match the criteria you set. Meaning it should just look at the show info and ignore everything else. Then search for shows that match. Why should it matter what episode you use? Your supposed to be setting it up to record all the episodes, not just a single episode.

spam firewall