Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New SA email offer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jashobeam

Jashobeam

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:57 AM

Here is part of an email I got today from SA

Sky Angel IPTV invites you to rekindle your faith in television. You’ve taken the first step by requesting more information about Sky Angel IPTV. Now take the final step to order your Sky Angel IPTV programming package!

At the bottom it said that "each package comes with access to our Video on Demand Library."

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   quiverof8

quiverof8

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:18 PM

I called them about the offer that come in the mail:

I called # 1-877-728-4788

Basically angel 1 , angel 2 and ktv will be available on dish. this is where it gets interesting though:

they wanted to sign me up for dish family for $24.99. Now either dish family is going up (current price $19.99) or they are trying to get that same $5 out of us lifetimers yet another way.
Are they that desperate for $$$? fist $5 for the "specials" now $5 for three channels?

I posted a transcript the other day that DISH said they would NOT be carrying angel 2 or ktv.

the CS rep karen told me that as per postcard angel 1, 2 and ktv would be available. The "supervisor, mark told me only ANGEL 1! He was very nasty trying to tell me I was wrong, and I then read him the letter. when asked if he was wrong or the letter was, he wouldn't respond. then finally said the letter must be correct. I would have had more repect for him if he apologized fr his error.

I don't know how these people can look themselves in the mirror, never mind plan on seeing the Lord face to face. He repeatedly lied, changed his answers and plain out wouldn't answer my questions when asked simple yes/no questions. he would just read me clearly scripted, answers that didn't apply to my question.

he did offer to take a whole $15 off the shipping/activation fee for IPTV since I was a "lifetime member" big deal.................

#3 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,305 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:25 PM

DISH Family is $24.99 with locals.

DISH keeps it's price increases to once a year (or less). If DISH Family was going up it would have as of Feb 1st.

#4 OFFLINE   quiverof8

quiverof8

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:57 PM

Someone else should call them. honestly wouldn't be surprised to have 6 people call and get 6 differnet answers

According to Skyangel CS $24.99 is for dish family with 2 additional sky angel channels, angel 2 and ktv. dish told me yesterday they are not offering these channels via its family package....... I also can't get locals in my area, not sure why.

sky angel told me you can only order thought them, skyangel............

#5 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,305 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:49 PM

DISH is not offering Angel 2 and KTV ... at this time. I don't expect CSRs to say what WILL be offered in April (unless there has been some sort of announcement ... and there has not been any such announcement).

SkyAngel claiming that those two channels will be on DISH in the Family Package doesn't surprise me. Those channels are SkyAngel's and they would have been involved in negotiations to add those channels to DISH.

It wouldn't be totally beyond DISH to raise rates ... but they generally don't outside of the usual timing. DirecTV charges $29.99 for their family package ... which includes locals. I don't expect there to be two family packs (one with and one without SkyAngel for different prices).

#6 OFFLINE   MellowYBird

MellowYBird

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 09:31 AM

So, why are Sky Angel channels listed on Dish's program guide?

When I recently logged into my Dish Network account (I have Sky Angel only), I noticed things were changed. "My Programming" now has Dominion Sky Angel listed for "Current Programming". "My Equipment" now has receiver/smart card info listed.
Looking at the Programming Guide on Dish Network's website it now lists all the Sky Angel channels, but they are not listed in any of the Programming Packages.
Never before was there ever any mention or hint of Sky Angel existing on their website or on my account information.
It doesn't make sense to update now after all these years, since Sky Angel is no longer going to exist anyway, does it?

~MYB~

#7 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,305 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:11 AM

DISH's programming guide has been inaccurate before ... The 9700 channels have been in the DISH EPG for some time. It may be that they have just finally got around to fixing the website (just in time for SkyAngel to leave).

spam firewall