Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Bush Demands Recount In Gore's Board Election

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   blingbling

blingbling

Godfather

• Registered
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 09:00 AM

In the wake of Apple's announcement late yesterday that former Vice President Al Gore was elected to the company's board of directors, President George Bush announced this morning that he would demand a recount.

"I am sure that when the votes are tallied again," Bush press secretary Ari Fleischer said, "Apple will find that President Bush was, in fact, named to the board, not Mr. Gore."

more...
NEBRASKA - Iowa style at Kansas prices. - Conan O'Brien

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Frapp

Frapp

Icon

• Registered
  • 525 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 09:15 AM

Well, it`s great that Gore "would be" elected to the Apple board since he did "invent" the internet .. by his own admission :rolleyes:

I`ll bet ( in reality ) his first recommendation would be to move the company headquarters to Palm Beach :lol:

And remember, his former boss: "Did not have sexual relations with that woman"

Oh boy.... what a bunch .........

#3 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 10:28 AM

Who ever heard of an "Apple Bush"? Maybe Gore should change his name to Core.
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

#4 OFFLINE   Bogy

Bogy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,229 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 11:25 AM

Don't worry guys, I'm sure Bush can arrange for the Supreme Court to appoint him to the position on Apple's Board.

#5 OFFLINE   gcutler

gcutler

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,435 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 12:14 PM

At first I thought they were talking about a 2000 Election recount. Have to get back in to sarcasm mode :P
4900 on a SA TiVo and a 508

#6 OFFLINE   Frapp

Frapp

Icon

• Registered
  • 525 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 12:21 PM

That would be horrible, then all the Apple computers would only have a capital "W" on them ..... no lower case ;)

We better just let the Supreme court go about their business of making just and fair decisions as they see fit ... although some people really have trouble with that :shrug:

#7 OFFLINE   Bogy

Bogy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,229 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 02:32 PM

Originally posted by Frapp
We better just let the Supreme court go about their business of making just and fair decisions as they see fit ... although some people really have trouble with that :shrug:

Frapp, I have to agree with you. Why can't people just accept the just and fair decisions of the Supreme Court? Abortion rights, the Miranda decision, Affirmative Action, School Prayer. The Supreme Court made just and fair decisions as they saw fit, yet people keep bringing these things up over and over again.

#8 OFFLINE   raj2001

raj2001

Icon/Supporter

• Registered
  • 929 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 02:50 PM

I hope you guys are kidding. This seems like a real joke.

#9 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 01:44 PM

Originally posted by Frapp
That would be horrible, then all the Apple computers would only have a capital "W" on them ..... no lower case ;)

Not sure about your keyboard but when I look at mine I don't see any lowercase letters on the keys. ;) ;)

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

spam firewall