Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR-20 OTA question RE: quality of antenna + options

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Brian Hanasky

Brian Hanasky

Godfather

• Registered
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:25 PM

I'm sorry if this has been answered previously but what are the current thoughts re: the state of antennas for OTA. I have seen indoor and outdoor but most talk about having to adjust seeming all the time. I have DNS service so don't so much need locals (which aren't offered) but the idea of being able to DVR the local news seems nice as well as some occasional high school football games.

I appreciate all responses. Sorry about the wordy thread title. Have a good one. :)

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: budracin88

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   K4SMX

K4SMX

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 06:55 PM

You could learn a lot at the AVSForum:

The Official AVS Antenna Topic!

Start with somewhere in the latter part of last year or use the Search function....
Stew in Florida

HR21-100 (eSATA: Seagate Barracuda 750gb/Antec MX-1), Mitsubishi LT-46131 (HDMI), Onkyo A/V (optical), Slingbox Pro/WLI-TX4-G54HP
HR20-700 (eSATA: FreeAgent Pro 750gb), Mitsubishi LT-46131 (HDMI), Pioneer A/V (optical)
HR20-700, Mitsubishi LT-37132 (HDMI), Sony A/V (optical)
HR20-700, Mitsubishi WD-65731 (HDMI)
H20-600 (x 2)

#3 OFFLINE   bhelton71

bhelton71

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '09

• Registered
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:02 PM

I'm sorry if this has been answered previously but what are the current thoughts re: the state of antennas for OTA. I have seen indoor and outdoor but most talk about having to adjust seeming all the time. I have DNS service so don't so much need locals (which aren't offered) but the idea of being able to DVR the local news seems nice as well as some occasional high school football games.

I appreciate all responses. Sorry about the wordy thread title. Have a good one. :)

I looked up a zip for Shadyside - got 43947

Anyway if you go to http://www.antennaweb.org and punch that in it looks like you have 2 digital stations: 7-1 and 9-1. Depending on where you live in relation to the 2 you probably wouldn't need to adjust ever ? You should put in your exact address and see what it gives you for degrees and distance.

#4 OFFLINE   K4SMX

K4SMX

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:09 PM

And TVFool.com as well...
Stew in Florida

HR21-100 (eSATA: Seagate Barracuda 750gb/Antec MX-1), Mitsubishi LT-46131 (HDMI), Onkyo A/V (optical), Slingbox Pro/WLI-TX4-G54HP
HR20-700 (eSATA: FreeAgent Pro 750gb), Mitsubishi LT-46131 (HDMI), Pioneer A/V (optical)
HR20-700, Mitsubishi LT-37132 (HDMI), Sony A/V (optical)
HR20-700, Mitsubishi WD-65731 (HDMI)
H20-600 (x 2)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...