Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Individual 'Indiana Jones' movies will hit DVD for the first time on May 13,2008

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:30 AM

Just in time to capitalize on the May 22nd release of 'Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull',LucasFilm and Paramount are releasing the first three Indiana Jones movies on DVD individually for the first time on May 13,2008.Previously,the films were only available on DVD as a complete collection/box set.In May the films will be available as singles and as a collectible set.All three films will have new bonus features.More info at the following link.
http://videoeta.com/news/2464

Steve

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,331 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:40 AM

I won't be interested until they're available in Blu-Ray.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#3 OFFLINE   SteveHas

SteveHas

Hall of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:31 AM

does anyone know if they will be coming out on Blu-Ray?

#4 OFFLINE   jwebb1970

jwebb1970

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:30 AM

No Blu announcements yet, as far as I have seen.

May rent these to see the new bonus materials, but the original boxset is more than adequate for INDY fans.

Won't buy the re-dips, but will certainly get INDY IV when it hits sometime around XMAS.
"I'm really only an Atheist on Christmas and Easter. The rest of the time---it really doesn't matter." - Dr. House

#5 OFFLINE   Pinion413

Pinion413

Icon

• Registered
  • 715 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:25 PM

does anyone know if they will be coming out on Blu-Ray?

I haven't seen anything confirmed yet, but I would tend to think that they would get them together and release them on Blu-ray at or around the same time that they release Indy 4 to home video (which I remember seeing rumored to be released before the end of the year to DVD and B-r). Maybe they won't do them separate, but it would make sense to me to put the 4 of them in a boxed set. It would be a nice holiday present for the Blu-ray owner in your family. :grin:

And, who knows? Perhaps if they have a little foresight, these DVD's could be from a new Hi-Def transfer...... (just a little wishful thinking :D)

Woo! Post 500! Look out smiddy, I'm catchin' up! (yeah, right)
-Chris

My Setup

#6 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,331 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:28 PM

I'll tell you what I'd LOVE to see on Blu-Ray: The Star Wars movies. Now THAT would be cool!

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#7 OFFLINE   BWoodbury

BWoodbury

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:00 PM

I'll tell you what I'd LOVE to see on Blu-Ray: The Star Wars movies. Now THAT would be cool!

I remember a long time ago when George Lucas swore that he would not release the movies on standard DVDs ever. He was going to wait for High Def. I guess he couldn't wait long enough. But I would be very suprised if that set was not out on BluRay in time for X-Mass.
Samsung 61" DLP TV: HL-T6187S
HR 21-700 HD-DVR

#8 OFFLINE   elaclair

elaclair

Rescued Racers Live Here

• DBSTalk Club
  • 951 posts
  • LocationDel Mar, CA

Posted 11 March 2008 - 05:52 PM

I remember a long time ago when George Lucas swore that he would not release the movies on standard DVDs ever. He was going to wait for High Def. I guess he couldn't wait long enough. But I would be very suprised if that set was not out on BluRay in time for X-Mass.

A lot will depend on if the existing HD masters were done in 1080p or 1080i . And George being such a stickler for "perfection", would probably want to wait until the masters were re-done (again) in 4k........ so, can you say maybe Christmas '09???

I bet we get an answer at Comi-Con.......

#9 OFFLINE   jwebb1970

jwebb1970

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:58 PM

I haven't seen anything confirmed yet, but I would tend to think that they would get them together and release them on Blu-ray at or around the same time that they release Indy 4 to home video (which I remember seeing rumored to be released before the end of the year to DVD and B-r). Maybe they won't do them separate, but it would make sense to me to put the 4 of them in a boxed set. It would be a nice holiday present for the Blu-ray owner in your family. :grin:

And, who knows? Perhaps if they have a little foresight, these DVD's could be from a new Hi-Def transfer...... (just a little wishful thinking :D)

Woo! Post 500! Look out smiddy, I'm catchin' up! (yeah, right)

The re-dips are (at least the movies themselves - I assume each will be 2-disc?) from what I have read re-issues of the current set, just as individual titles w/ new bonus stuff.

Bill Hunt over @ The Bits made mention sometime back that a contact of his told him that THX was working on an HD master (intended for BluRay, claims "the Shill") @ Skywalker Ranch.

Did'nt put much weight to it, since when he posted this (granted it was on the site's "Rumor Mill") logic would dictate that INDY IV was likely still deep in post production - ie. not a finished film yet - at the time.

Could be new HD masters for the originals if/when they hit Blu, but the Lowrey Digital remaster was surely done well enough (and in HD) to suffice.
"I'm really only an Atheist on Christmas and Easter. The rest of the time---it really doesn't matter." - Dr. House

#10 OFFLINE   jwebb1970

jwebb1970

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:00 PM

A lot will depend on if the existing HD masters were done in 1080p or 1080i . And George being such a stickler for "perfection", would probably want to wait until the masters were re-done (again) in 4k........ so, can you say maybe Christmas '09???

I bet we get an answer at Comi-Con.......

Don't know about the 4K, but I believe that the SW Trilogy DVD masters were done in 1080p by Lowrey Digital.

#11 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,634 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:14 PM

I have "Raiders" and "Last Crusade" on LD

#12 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,331 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:15 PM

Learning Disability? :confused:

:D

#13 OFFLINE   elaclair

elaclair

Rescued Racers Live Here

• DBSTalk Club
  • 951 posts
  • LocationDel Mar, CA

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:48 PM

Don't know about the 4K, but I believe that the SW Trilogy DVD masters were done in 1080p by Lowrey Digital.

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek about the 4k ;) but if the current HD masters were 1080p, I could see them tossing in a few extras and coming up with a new "super set" of all 6 in Blu-Ray in time for the holidays this year.

#14 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:17 AM

I have "Raiders" and "Last Crusade" on LD

I have "Raiders" on S-VHS :grin:

For reasons I don't entirely understand, I was avoiding the series and didn't see the first 2 until after the 3rd one. Saw it on the BIG screen at Christown Theater with a group. I was the driver but got out-voted. Now I've seen all 3, got hooked on the Young Indy Chronicles which I need to find, and have the 4th on my must-see list.

I'll skip these re-issues and wait for the Blu-ray set of all 4.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#15 OFFLINE   jwebb1970

jwebb1970

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 12:06 PM

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek about the 4k ;) but if the current HD masters were 1080p, I could see them tossing in a few extras and coming up with a new "super set" of all 6 in Blu-Ray in time for the holidays this year.

There were rumors of a "saga" set last year to tie in w/ the 30th anniversary, but obviously not.

5 of the 6 films are ready to roll for an HD re-dip. Only PHANTOM MENACE is in need of an HD polish---the worst looking of the 6 DVDs.

In fact, it apparently has already happened as ILM did some FX touchups on MENACEduring the production of SITH. Mainly the replacement of Yoda. ILM swithed out the "younger" Muppet version from MENACE & replaced him with the EpII/III CG version. Actual visual proof of this is found on the EpIII DVD bonus disc. The mini doc about Vader shows the clip from MENACE where Yoda says "...fear leads to anger, anger...yada yada". He is now 100% CG and will be for allfuture releases of MENACE.

And ILM animation director Rob Coleman has stated that the original trilogy Yoda muppet WILL NEVER be replaced w/ CG. Orders from Lucas himself, believe itor not.

If the Indy series gets a Blu dip, I imagine SW would follow soon.

#16 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,331 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 02:07 PM

And ILM animation director Rob Coleman has stated that the original trilogy Yoda muppet WILL NEVER be replaced w/ CG. Orders from Lucas himself, believe itor not.

As it should be. The original trilogy Yoda is just fine.

#17 OFFLINE   jwebb1970

jwebb1970

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:56 AM

Agreed. In fact, ILM used the Frank Oz EMPIRE performance as the template/benchmark for the CG prequel Yoda. Their 1st test for CLONES that they showed to Lucas for approval was a shot for shot match up of a couple of EMPIRE scenes.

As to some who complained that the PT digital Yoda looked too much "like a puppet".....um...that was the point.

As much as Oz has made known that he prefers the CG Yoda (no back breaking Muppet work for him - just a comfy studio voice over gig) that fact that so much effort was spent on making the "new" one match the "old" one says a lot for how great & revolutionary the original work was.

#18 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:26 PM

For those interested,Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will be hitting the stores on DVD & Blu-Ray in the morning. :)

Steve

#19 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:35 PM

In case anyone's been living in a cave.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#20 OFFLINE   Steve615

Steve615

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN area

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:24 PM

In case anyone's been living in a cave.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey,anything's possible these days.