Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Angel2 KTV Uplinked as DISH Network Channels

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,586 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:51 PM

Activity report courtesy of JohnH in the DISH Network forum:

ADD 264 KTV MPEG2 SD Tp 19 ConUS beam on EchoStar 8 at 110w UNAVAIL HIDE
ADD 266 ANGL2 MPEG2 SD Tp 19 ConUS beam on EchoStar 8 at 110w UNAVAIL HIDE

ADD 9394 KTV MPEG2 SD Tp 19 ConUS beam on EchoStar 8 at 110w UNAVAIL HIDE
ADD 9395 ANGL2 MPEG2 SD Tp 19 ConUS beam on EchoStar 8 at 110w UNAVAIL HIDE

What this means:
The two channels have been added to the "lookup table" that receivers use to find channels.
The channels are on the numbers listed and are MPEG2 SD (regular channels).
The channels are on the satellite at 110w (not the SkyAngel location).
The channels are currently unavailable to customers and hidden in the guide.

Channel numbers:
264 and 266 is in the "religious channels" range with Angel One and TBN.
9394 and 9395 are in a range normally used for DISH Family channels.

It looks like the channels will be part of the DISH network service sometime in the future.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   quiverof8

quiverof8

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 04:47 PM

Since angel one and TBN are both on dish family can we assume that sky angel was correct when they told me they were available on dish family, yet incorrect aobut a) the price and B) having to sign up via sky angel for dish? I guess/hope we will know by 4/1?

#3 OFFLINE   mrjosh

mrjosh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:42 AM

Yes, Dish is going to provide Angel 2 and KTV (source:TVU). TVU said that they may get carried in the evenings and overnight on KTV (though nothing has been made official). I am under the impression that the two channels will be available on the same programming packages as Angel One (which is currently available to all customers regardless of package). Dish CSR told me that she didn't know all the details but that they would most likely open it to all customers much like Angel One is already (mostly because Dish doesn't have to pay to carry the channels like they have to do with most secular channels).

#4 OFFLINE   mattfast1

mattfast1

Legend

• Registered
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:57 AM

Angel Two and KTV are live and available to all Dish Network subscribers with the DishFamily or an AT package.

Supposedly, more to come. However, this brings the total to 7 channels available on Dish. I posted a complete list over here. See post #17.
~ mattfast1 ~

Please note that none of my opinions here are necessarily the opinion of my employer (DISH Network) or of Echostar Holdings Corporation (EHC). For these opinions, please visit DishNetwork.com or Echostar.com.

spam firewall