Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

BIG BANG THEORY series link problem.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,450 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:20 PM

For other HR2x users, my existing SERIES LINK failed to pick up the return of BIG BANG THEORY tonight on WCBS. I had to create a new one. You may want to check your TODO list to make sure this and the other returning shows tonight are scheduled. /steve
/steve

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:22 PM

Thanks for the heads up Steve but I did not have any problems.

I am wondering if it has some to do with your local CBS.

#3 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,450 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 01:23 PM

Thanks for the heads up Steve but I did not have any problems.

I am wondering if it has some to do with your local CBS.

Must be. I'm getting WCBS in the greater New York City metro area. /steve
/steve

#4 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:41 PM

I'm in NYC market and have Big Bang scheduled for both tonight and next week. (I have no conflicts and this is set to record First Run episodes using a traditional series link, not an autorecord series link.)

#5 OFFLINE   funhouse69

funhouse69

Icon

• Registered
  • 669 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:16 PM

I'm in the Boston Market and honestly didn't even know that there was a new Episode on tonight until I happened to check my list of recordings and saw that it had recorded a new episode. So thankfully mine worked fine.

At the same time you wouldn't believe the flack I got for this when the significant other had a few of her shows not record recently. When I checked the history they just said that the programs were no longer available.

When you get the usual question of why a DVR doesn't perform its basic function it is hard to defend :eek2:
Was with D* for over 10 years then switched to the dark-side a few years ago and haven't looked back. I truly enjoy the 50% savings and uninterrupted service

#6 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,833 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:58 AM

This seems to be locally guide related, and since the posters all seem to have been DIRECTV users, I'm going to move this back to the HR20/HR21 forum.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#7 OFFLINE   Indiana627

Indiana627

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:10 AM

I get CBS via OTA (it's a LIN owned station for me) and I too had to delete and recreated my SL. Luckily I caught it before last night and did record last nights episode. Next week's is also in my to do list.
Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Family Room: HR24-100; WD10EVCS 1TB drive in Antec MX-1; connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-2313CI; 5.1 setup with Boston Acoustics A250 fronts, A225C center, A25 surrounds, ASW650 sub; video to Sony 52W4100 via HDMI; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
Bedroom: HR21-200 with AM21 & Philips PHDTV1 Antenna, HDMI to Dynex 32" TV; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
(1) Slimline 3 LBN dish (2 lines direct to each HR2x. No multiswitch.)
D* since January 2003

#8 OFFLINE   bmerrow

bmerrow

Legend

• Registered
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:53 AM

BBT recorded correctly for me - it is possible my wife fixed it but I doubt that - it was set to record ALL episodes so a bad first run flag could impact others and I do not know how that was set.
5LNB SWMLine
HR22-100 (Native On) | HDMI to basement Sony KDL46v25 | networked to W2K3x64, Vista, Win7x64, Win2K8, XP mp3 and avi video
0x0445
HR21-200 (Native On) | HDMI to Office Acer | Networked to whole house
0x0445
HR20-100 (Native On)
RCA Ultimate TV | to remind me HR2x really is that much better

#9 OFFLINE   ncxcstud

ncxcstud

Icon

• Registered
  • 591 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:57 AM

mine picked it up fine with no problems at all...
40" Samsung LCD - LN40B640 (living room)
42" Samsung DLP - HLS4266W
DirecTV HR20-700 Receiver
DirecTV H24-100 Receiver
DirecTV HR24-100 Receiver
Pastor of All Saints Lutheran Church in Mason, MI
XBOX Live, Battle.net, and PSN gamertags - ncxcstud

#10 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,213 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:24 AM

Mine worked from the previous season. Great episode! You can watch it online if you missed it.

The only thing I noticed was the timing of subsequent CBS shows was early by a couple of minutes. I assumed that was a network problem.

#11 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:17 PM

My Big Bang Theory worked fine, but the Bachelor SL we set up a couple of weeks ago failed because they changed it to Bachelor British Invasion or something. Crap, a show with the name Bachelor in it ran at the time I wanted to record a show with the name Bachelor. You would think the system would be smart enough to know that it should record it.

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

#12 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 22,450 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:31 PM

So it looks like the "BBT" SL issue was a random one for at least 3 different CBS affiliates. 2 on the East Coast (up and down state NY) and one in the Bay area.

Since at least one other person in my area did not have an issue, I wonder if it had to do with the state of the GUIDE info when the link was first created?

Just trying to find an explanation that fits the facts. :) /steve
/steve

#13 OFFLINE   Bergthold

Bergthold

AllStar

• Registered
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:57 PM

Mine recorded fine in San Jose/San Francisco area. My series link was still in place from last year.

#14 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:34 PM

Mine recorded fine. HD on the HR20 and SD backup on the HR21.

I do an SD backup because my local CBS has had transmitter problems for their HD signal before so I backup all CBS recordings in SD as well.

spam firewall