Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DBSTalk.com First Look: AM21; OTA Add-On for the HR21

• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

#361 OFFLINE   PeteB

PeteB

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts
  • LocationFalcon, Colorado Springs

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:19 PM

I'm going to apologize in advance for having read less than half of this thread before replying due to urgency.

We're moving into a house less than 14 miles East of St. Louis, and DirecTV is coming out to install the dish and HR21 on the 6th.

I have additionally ordered an upgraded HR20 and SWM-8 from WeaKnees (shipping this afternoon), and I see that the AM21 is now available at Solid Signal for about $60.

Assuming I later do install an OTA antenna as a backup to work with the HR20, and then find that OTA reception could be better, will I be able to use an AM21 with the HR20, or does it only work with the 21's?

Obviously, as a total nugget in the world of satellite TV, I'm trying to figure this out as I go.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#362 OFFLINE   Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo

Lifetime Achiever

• Registered
  • 10,838 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:21 PM

I'm going to apologize in advance for having read less than half of this thread before replying due to urgency.

We're moving into a house less than 14 miles East of St. Louis, and DirecTV is coming out to install the dish and HR21 on the 6th.

I have additionally ordered an upgraded HR20 and SWM-8 from WeaKnees (shipping this afternoon), and I see that the AM21 is now available at Solid Signal for about $60.

Assuming I later do install an OTA antenna as a backup to work with the HR20, and then find that OTA reception could be better, will I be able to use an AM21 with the HR20, or does it only work with the 21's?

Obviously, as a total nugget in the world of satellite TV, I'm trying to figure this out as I go.

Welcome to DBSTalk

The AM21 will only work with the HR21's.

#363 OFFLINE   houskamp

houskamp

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,636 posts

AM21 is for HR21 series only..

AKA: SMOKE
MRV was all that's left on my wishlist (wishlist done) :D

#364 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,648 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

It won't work with the HR20 as the HR20 does not have the code to recognize the device, much less disable the built-in tuners.

spam firewall