Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

ok, Need some advice

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Morbius

Morbius

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:47 AM

have for filled my ""commitment"'(DTV wordS ) with DTV, ending last month,
and man oh man, you sure can sure bet DTV made sure i knew about it, bill went up right away
Last months NORMAL Bill $65.62

this months bill due $83.57
=========================================
the difference between the march & April bill is

02/21 03/20 TOTAL CHOICE PLUS Monthly 51.99
03/21 04/20 TOTAL CHOICE PLUS Monthly 54.99 ,+$3.00

Last Month
01/31 12 Month Programming Credit -10.00 Credit
02/19 HD Access Credit -9.99 Credi

THIS MONTH
02/28 12 Month Programming Credit -10.00 Credit

no longer any HD credit

difference in billing + 17.95 increase:eek2:

Was just told this Monday morning,by billing clerk,your no longer under any type of commitment, (contract) and your 12.99 programing credit will run through April's billing cycle,

When i asked if any discounts IF I renew my contract,(""commitment"") for another year or 2 yrs, was told,

""We cannot offer you any discounts, we cannot continue to give you discounts at every renewal, unless you want to upgrade""

SO Question is,

1.Who do i need to talk to to try to get "some discounts for another 1 or 2 yrs contract".

2 should maybe drop DTV for a cple of month, (go with someone else, then come back as a new customer?

Appreciate the help "M"

,Even advise this rep as the bill gets closer & closer to the $95.00 mark ATT/uverse is looking better & better to me.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dodge boy

dodge boy

R.I.P. Chris Henry

• Banned User
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:43 AM

Can't leave and come back as a new customer.... unless you have a spouse or g/f sign up. Also you will loose TC+ and get one of their new packages at a higher rate... Best bet to lower your bill would be to drop HD. Next option would be using the "Refer a Friend" option. I've heard the CSRs are all getting standardized info and credits they can give peopleand the days of them just handing them out are gone.
Good luck.
My equipment:
1 HR22-100 leased
1 HR22-100 owned
1 HR23-700 owned
1 R22-100 owned
1 R22-200 owned

Slimline III with a 4X8 multiswitch and an SWM8
18" round dish with a 4X8 switch on the garage

#3 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:45 AM

The $3 increase in your package price is the same $3 that everyone's package price increased (aside from a $5 increase in the Premiere package price).

If you had an introductory discount that ended, it was just that - an introductory discount.

1) The CSR was right in that a new commitment comes when equipment is upgraded or a new receiver is added. You can't just call them up and say, "If you give me another year's worth of a $10 a month discount, I'll renew my commitment another year" - just doesn't work that way.

2) You can't cancel for a few months and come back as a new customer. At best, maybe a returning customer, but they already have you in the system, so you won't be a new customer anymore.

If ATT/Uverse works better for you and fulfills your service/price needs, then best of luck to you.

#4 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,942 posts
  • LocationOutside Portland, ME

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:49 AM

I believe he has to keep his HD, unfortunately. I think if you have an HD receiver, it's automatic, can't turn it off.
Not sure how much it would save, but you could drop Xtra and go with just Choice.
You could try AT&T for a month, see which you like better (Not sure if they have a commitment or not).

#5 OFFLINE   MIAMI1683

MIAMI1683

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,570 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:51 AM

have for filled my ""commitment"'(DTV wordS ) with DTV, ending last month,
and man oh man, you sure can sure bet DTV made sure i knew about it, bill went up right away
Last months NORMAL Bill $65.62

this months bill due $83.57
=========================================
the difference between the march & April bill is

02/21 03/20 TOTAL CHOICE PLUS Monthly 51.99
03/21 04/20 TOTAL CHOICE PLUS Monthly 54.99 ,+$3.00

Last Month
01/31 12 Month Programming Credit -10.00 Credit
02/19 HD Access Credit -9.99 Credi

THIS MONTH
02/28 12 Month Programming Credit -10.00 Credit

no longer any HD credit

difference in billing + 17.95 increase:eek2:

Was just told this Monday morning,by billing clerk,your no longer under any type of commitment, (contract) and your 12.99 programing credit will run through April's billing cycle,

When i asked if any discounts IF I renew my contract,(""commitment"") for another year or 2 yrs, was told,

""We cannot offer you any discounts, we cannot continue to give you discounts at every renewal, unless you want to upgrade""

SO Question is,

1.Who do i need to talk to to try to get "some discounts for another 1 or 2 yrs contract".

2 should maybe drop DTV for a cple of month, (go with someone else, then come back as a new customer?

Appreciate the help "M"

,Even advise this rep as the bill gets closer & closer to the $95.00 mark ATT/uverse is looking better & better to me.

Well first thing is first. Congrats on fulfilling your commitment. Now lets talk about your bill. $85 for this month isn't bad. What package do you have. If you have an HD DVR you could change you package to include the HD access fee and the DVR fee. Thats just a thought.

Second, Why do you think you deserve credits again. They held to thier part. You held to yours. Now the time for credits is over, and you should pay like everyone else! My bill was double yours. I didn't call and ask for credits though. If I wanted it to be less I would change the programming tier. It's always a good deal for new customers everywhere. Even as you said ATT Uverse looks good. Go ahead and do it. Thier discounts will end also. Then you'll be looking around for somewhere else to pay less per month. I say if that's whats good for you then SWITCH. Really not to be rude or mean. There are a lot of good people all over here and other places paying good money for the services they recieve and they don't complain about it.

Last thing. Don't threaten to switch. There have been reports of D* soying " ok " and shutting people off. Think about it. I hope it all works out for you.
Sometimes it just is what it is :nono2:

#6 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:44 AM

When you signed up you got a discounted offer, when that offer ended did you expect the price to stay the same? The offers have been for 12 months of discounts if you have HD you are under a 24mo. contract so you probably still have 12 months left on your contract. You haven't fulfilled your obligation, the CSR made a mistake in telling you that you had.

#7 OFFLINE   shearerluck

shearerluck

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:04 PM

people act like they are entitled to getting everything for free, isnt it enough you received free equipment, free install, and free programming. Just ride your bike once a week to work, that will save you the $200 dollar difference in your bill, plus you will be helping the environment
for the love of god, take off all your knit knacks on the tv and clean up the dog poo before i show up

#8 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:13 PM

I may be a bit slow, but you said your bill went up $17.95/month.

The changes you highlighted were the total choice plus increase of $3.00/month and the loss of the free hd access of $9.99/month.

In my book that totals $12.99. Where did the remaining $4.96 increase come from?:)

#9 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,166 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:22 PM

erased

#10 OFFLINE   TigersFanJJ

TigersFanJJ

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:07 AM

I may be a bit slow, but you said your bill went up $17.95/month.

The changes you highlighted were the total choice plus increase of $3.00/month and the loss of the free hd access of $9.99/month.

In my book that totals $12.99. Where did the remaining $4.96 increase come from?:)

I doubt you'll get a response from the OP. His account was closed.

#11 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:18 AM

Morbius was a dual for Clato, who has been banned.

I assume he will be back. These kind of guys always are. His distasteful posting style, also incoherent and with a lot of large type, is a dead give away.

Hey, mods, can you lock this thread so that the dead stay dead?
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#12 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 06 April 2008 - 08:36 AM

Sorry guys, the OP is no longer with us and it's inappropriate to discuss moderator actions in the public forum.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

Protected By... spam firewall...And...