Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Single lnb dish

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   trent741

trent741

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:16 AM

Which satellite will a single lnb work on? Where can I find what channels come from each satellite?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Draconis

Draconis

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,411 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:19 AM

A single LNB will get you the 101, which is the primary satellite for DirecTV's SD programming.

You would be able to get everything but the HD & International feeds and may loose your locals (depending on which satellite they are broadcasting from).

If you need help aiming the dish try this link

http://www.emantechn...c/lookangle.asp

#3 OFFLINE   curt8403

curt8403

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,481 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:39 AM

Which satellite will a single lnb work on? Where can I find what channels come from each satellite?

IT is designed for the 101 sat (Directv's main satellite) but if you had 3 of them, you could aim one at 101, one at 110, and one at 119, but that is what a triple is for
I am no longer connected with Directv or any other satellite provider

#4 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 11,240 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:03 PM

IT is designed for the 101 sat (Directv's main satellite) but if you had 3 of them, you could aim one at 101, one at 110, and one at 119, but that is what a triple is for

The 110 LNB is different, and you would need to use a Sat C combiner also. But the round dish would still work.

Carl

#5 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:24 PM

Pretty much all the standard-definition channels come from the 101 orbital location, although not necessarily the same satellite. I could still get by with my old single LNB dish, but I would not get a few channels sent on the 119 satellite that I enjoy every now and then, like the CCTV (chinese) channel that broadcasts in English. There are also a number of Spanish channels available in every package that require reception of the 119 satellite. The 110 is for HD channels only, and if you don't have an HD receiver (like me) it's only purpose is to amuse one's self looking at the signal strength on it's three transponders. ;)

Originally, a number of channels were only available on the 119, like RFD and NASA. But DirecTV moved almost all the English-language channels over to the 101 so it's the real deal if you don't have HDTV.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...