Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

need help on something

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:28 AM

good morning i need some help on something i i am looking into buying the directv plus HDTV Receiver with DVR and i would like to eventually pickup over the air channels.Could you please send me a pictues on the back of an Directv HR21-600 receiver so that way i know where i can hook up an over the air antenna.Also could anyone please tell me the least cost over the air antenna that i can buy over at best buy so i can pick up some more locals channels besides the ones that i got now.Any help would be very appreciated

Have a great day

Allen Culver
Streator,Illinois

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:34 AM

You cannot connect an over-the-air antenna directly to any HR21 model. You need a component called an AM-21, which is the OTA solution for the HR21 DVRs.

Oh, punctuation and capitalization wouldn't hurt. ;)

#3 OFFLINE   bluegras

bluegras

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 425 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:11 AM

when will the AM21 will be coming out?Also when i get one could i get some more of the locals that i do not currently have right now such as the ones in peoria,illinois?will i have to hook up an antenna such as a Terk indoor HDTV antenna?

Thanks

Allen

#4 OFFLINE   cariera

cariera

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:17 AM

You can visit Directv's website for info on their receivers:

http://www.directv.c..._web_manual.pdf

You will need an antenna to get the OTA channels. If your Tv has a built in digital tuner you can hook up the antenna directly to that for the time being.:)

#5 OFFLINE   Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:19 AM

Short range indoor antenna - get the Zenith Silver Sensor, which is what the Terk and others copy, poorly. Bought mine on sale for $25 from Solid Signal.

Check with antennaweb.org, too, for what they recommend in your zip code.

#6 OFFLINE   deltafowler

deltafowler

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 953 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:23 AM

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=115134

#7 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:25 AM

As far as views of the back of DIRECTV receivers, you might want to look at this thread, which will direct you to looks at all the latest models:

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=117744
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...