Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

So, decided to test the CSR....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dshu82

dshu82

Icon

• Registered
  • 682 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:08 AM

Called yesterday to re-activate an R-15 in an extra room that they would not send me a recovery kit for after 3 requests (guess their plan to get the $4.99 back on my bill worked!) and decided to ask the CSR about ESPN News HD as we were wrapping up. After she told me 3x that ESPN News is channel 207 (uh, yeah I know) she finally decided to tell me that their second HD satellite was launched and should be up and running any day now (:rolleyes: )

I would like to personally thank all the D* CSR's and installers who take it upon themselves to read and participate in this forum, whether it is to help in their jobs or for fun.

On the positive side, very nice girl and got my reciever back up and running smoothly.
D* customer since 1997

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:14 AM

At the "opening door" level of CSR, I wouldn't expect them to have access to anything other than what's up and running. If management at the top sent the memo.

Having the Protection Plan, my calls are automatically routed to a more experienced level - someone capable, say, as most of the folks in Retention - and I've been able to have a bit of the dialogue you hoped for (?).

But, these forums are still the best place to find info.

#3 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,927 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:20 AM

It is true that for some of these folks being a CSR is a job and not a passion. As a result, they do not all have the dedication of the fine folks here.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   hasan

hasan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,890 posts
  • LocationOgden, IA

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:59 AM

It is true that for some of these folks being a CSR is a job and not a passion. As a result, they do not all have the dedication of the fine folks here.

....and even the most devoted of us here might become considerably less so after a shift of mind-numbing phone calls from people who can't find an item in a menu that's staring at them from the one eyed monster. (and who persist in random button pushing while being told to do only one thing at a time and follow the step by step instructions being provided to the letter

Take it from someone who deals with people who expect digital closed captioning changes to affect the analog closed captioning, and who don't understand the difference between digital and analog channels on a TV (when both are present). Three personal visits, an hour and a half of explanation and demonstration....and they come back with "it doesn't work right".:)

While most consumers do pretty well with "by the number instructions", there are just enough of the "box of rocks" types to make customer service particularly challenging on any given day, and take the "passion" out of even the most dedicated and well-adjusted individual.:lol:

...hasan, N0AN

SlimLine5-SWiMLNB/DECA/WHDVR
HR44-700, WD20EURX 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Max 5 Enclosure

HR24-200, WD20EVDS 2 TB eSATA/ThermalTake Dock

HR24-200, H21-200. Samsung UN60C6400 60" LED/LCD

DirecTV since 1995

#5 OFFLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,045 posts
  • LocationTeays Valley, WV

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:38 PM

(and who persist in random button pushing while being told to do only one thing at a time and follow the step by step instructions being provided to the letter

I see you have tried trouble-shooting for my parents.:lol:

My Setup

Why can I get to the "Adult's Only" area faster than I can get to the "ToDo" List?  DirecTV, that is messed up!!!

#6 OFFLINE   mikewolf13

mikewolf13

Icon

• Registered
  • 530 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:15 PM

At the "opening door" level of CSR, I wouldn't expect them to have access to anything other than what's up and running. If management at the top sent the memo.

Having the Protection Plan, my calls are automatically routed to a more experienced level - someone capable, say, as most of the folks in Retention - and I've been able to have a bit of the dialogue you hoped for (?).

But, these forums are still the best place to find info.

They should advertise that a benefit of the PP is that you get someone who knows how to do their job.

#7 OFFLINE   beavis

beavis

Icon

• Registered
  • 528 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:30 PM

If everyone who called into D* was as knowledgeable as everybody here, that's a CSR's dream. For every CSR that isn't that great, there are about 7-10 customers that have the electronics IQ of dryer lint.

#8 OFFLINE   dbmaven

dbmaven

Icon

• Registered
  • 807 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:38 PM

..... there are about 7-10 customers that have the electronics IQ of dryer lint.

You're being far, far too generous. :D
HundredNation! DirecTV since 2000 - AU9S - SWM-8 !
HR20-100 - Sony KDS60A2000 - Onkyo TX-DS787 - MK Sound THX Select Speakers // HR20-100 & R15-500 (for PIP) - Vizio GV42LF // R15-500 - Hitachi SD TV // HR20-700 Sony KDL-40XBR6

#9 OFFLINE   Jeremy W

Jeremy W

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,447 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:45 PM

Having the Protection Plan, my calls are automatically routed to a more experienced level

Really? I wasn't aware that DirecTV did this.

#10 OFFLINE   Greyshadow2007

Greyshadow2007

Legend

• Registered
  • 246 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:31 PM

Really? I wasn't aware that DirecTV did this.

They don't. Apparently DIRECTVs "Protection Plan" is handled by an outsourced company, N.E.W. (National Electronics Warranty) Apaprently calls from subscribers to that plan get routed to NEW call centers.

Here's where I found my information:
https://www.newcorp....are/051601.html

#11 OFFLINE   Incompetent

Incompetent

AllStar

• Registered
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:48 AM

They don't. Apparently DIRECTVs "Protection Plan" is handled by an outsourced company, N.E.W. (National Electronics Warranty) Apaprently calls from subscribers to that plan get routed to NEW call centers.

Here's where I found my information:
https://www.newcorp....are/051601.html

For D* there are 3 tiers of CSRs and then there are specialized depts. I call D* everyday. The best solution of when u get a crap csr? Hang up and call again.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...