Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Fallout from the "Free" Protection Plan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:17 AM

In response to the massive problems caused by the glitch in their website in which the Protection Plan was offered free for one year, then apparently not honored as people took advantage of it, DirecTV will not be charging ANYONE for Protecion Plan coverage on their account until the first billing cycle in March 2009!

This resolution is for anyone who had been a subscriber to the Protection Plan up to and including the period in which the erroneous offer appeared on their website, including those who signed up as a result of that offer. It will not include subscribers who have signed up since that time. All discounts that were offered in response to billing questions raised by the original offer will be honored.

THIS "RESOLUTION" IS BROUGHT TO YOU TODAY ONLY, APRIL 1, 2008, AND WILL BECOME NULL AND VOID IMMEDIATELY UPON READING THIS POST. :(

Happy April Fool's Day, everyone!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bjdotson

bjdotson

Legend

• Registered
  • 269 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:28 AM

Feldacarb. You got me.

#3 OFFLINE   Xram

Xram

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:30 AM

I can't believe i fell for that. :lol:
4 - HR20-700 's
1 - HR21-700
1 - HR20-100
1 - R15
WB616
Slimline

#4 OFFLINE   DishCSR

DishCSR

Godfather

• Registered
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:57 PM

I can't believe i fell for that. :lol:

roflmao, me either, good one jluc

#5 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,433 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:19 PM

Tip #1:

When making an April Fools joke, you shouldn't indicate that it's an April Fools joke in the same post.

Great idea, but would have been much more effective if you would have spilled the beans after some reactionary posts.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#6 OFFLINE   sheureka

sheureka

Legend

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:30 PM

I don't know who the joke is on - yesterday (April 1) I got a Welcome To the DirecTV Protection Plan letter. I was one of the ones who saw it on 2/13 and signed up, and then had it removed when I was charged for it. I sent D* an email saying I thought they were handling it very badly (particularly when other people were getting credits, etc.) and then forgot all about it. I now have no idea whether I have the plan or not - but I do have a piece of paper saying:

Purchaser: xxxxx xxxxxx
Plan Number: xxxxxxxx
Plan Purchase Date: 20080213
Plan Effective Date: 20080313
Plan Purchase Price: $000000.00/mo

I guess I'll wait to see if anything happens to one of my receivers and find out then. - sheureka

#7 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:16 PM

I don't know who the joke is on - yesterday (April 1) I got a Welcome To the DirecTV Protection Plan letter. I was one of the ones who saw it on 2/13 and signed up, and then had it removed when I was charged for it. I sent D* an email saying I thought they were handling it very badly (particularly when other people were getting credits, etc.) and then forgot all about it. I now have no idea whether I have the plan or not - but I do have a piece of paper saying:

Purchaser: xxxxx xxxxxx
Plan Number: xxxxxxxx
Plan Purchase Date: 20080213
Plan Effective Date: 20080313
Plan Purchase Price: $000000.00/mo

I guess I'll wait to see if anything happens to one of my receivers and find out then. - sheureka

I think that's standard since you're not charged until after 30 days. I got the same letter and then got charged after the first month.

#8 OFFLINE   sheureka

sheureka

Legend

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:43 PM

I think that's standard since you're not charged until after 30 days. I got the same letter and then got charged after the first month.

But I was charged for it in February - canceled when I realized it wasn't going to be free - and had to fight to keep them from charging me a cancellation fee. There was nothing on my last bill. - sheureka

#9 OFFLINE   JLucPicard

JLucPicard

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:42 PM

Mods,

Since the April Fools thing has run it's course, could you close this thread???

Feel free to continue the other discussion in the thread already discussing it:

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=119689

#10 OFFLINE   eandras

eandras

Godfather

• Registered
  • 420 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 06:25 PM

Tip #1:

When making an April Fools joke, you shouldn't indicate that it's an April Fools joke in the same post.

Great idea, but would have been much more effective if you would have spilled the beans after some reactionary posts.

I have to agree with this one. I would have added more to the April Fool's as well. The only problem would be the mods might get a bit annoyed if it went to far.
"If to be right is to be different by all means be different"

spam firewall