Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Apple TV + HDPC-20 = Dream Come True

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TimeShifter

TimeShifter

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

Apple TV DVR interface revealed in patent filings

http://www.appleinsi...nt_filings.html

Ok, I'll admit up front I'm an Apple fan, and love my Apple TV, for a lot of the same reasons I loved my TiVo.

Not that every patent filing becomes an actual product. But, ever since I bought my Apple TV back when they initially came out, DVR capability seemed like a logical path for the product.

Then, today I started thinking about what an interesting combination Apple TV and the HDPC-20 could be. With Apple TV being a more of a closed/secure system (yes, I'm very aware that Apple TV can be hacked) compared to a PC, it seems like there would be fewer DRM worries for Directv.

Yes, I realize Apple TV would need some improvement in supported resolutions, and storage. But, for me, this combination would be a dream come true. Awesome UI/usability (in my opinion) combined with Directv content.

ChannelMaster 4228
Slimline --> SWM8
MacPro ---> EyeTV --> Airport Extreme
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~v
----- Harmony 670 ---IR---> HR20-100 (networked-cat5) --HDMI--> XtremeMac HDMI Switch --HDMI--> Mits 62" 1080P DLP
----- Harmony 670 ---IR---> HR20-100 (networked-cat5) --HDMI--> Vizio 37" LCD
----- Harmony 628 ---IR---> HR21-100 (networked-cat5) --HDMI--> Zenith 42" Plasma

All Digital. All HD. All the time.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

spam firewall