Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

PS3 Worthless for Gaming

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp

Analog Geek in a Digital World

• Super Moderators
  • 10,040 posts
  • LocationNorthern Illinois

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:18 AM

Kinda like this user error.....
.....so I have know I idea where your going on it sucks for games.
The first part of the sentence seemd OK but this part is a little confusing.
:confused:

And you have perfect grammar? :nono2:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Brandon428

Brandon428

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:22 AM

I went to SonyStyle site a couple of days ago to look for one. They show the 80 GB version as being available in June 2008. Is that right? Does anyone have any idea what it will be capable of?

Its probably the MGS4 bundle. No new major features. I heard it'll have a stronger wifi antenna (still G standard) but thats all and of course Metal Gear Solid 4. O I think it'll come with the new Dual Shock 3.(rumble)

#23 OFFLINE   Brandon428

Brandon428

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:27 AM

interesting...my brother in law and buddy were over playing my ps3 the other day, both own 360's and both said they liked the online better (COD 4) on the ps3...and both complained about having to buy everything separate for the 360 (i have extra mini usb's that i use as chargers for my ps3 controllers...free) and one of them already dealt with a failure on his first 360. Not sure what you mean about unmatched as a media player...mine plays everything i stream to it just fine. I figured both consoles are comparable...but i hear a lot of complaints from them. So i guess if you add the price of the controller chargers, online play, and a high def player...there isn't much of a price difference. Mine was $400..two controllers, BR movie with it.

You have the 40 gig version. I do to. It has an hidden exclusive feature. Hit the power switch in the back to the off position,then hold your finger on eject button.While you have your finger held on the eject button press the power switch in the back to the on position. It'll clean out all of the dust inside.It'll get loud as the fan goes full blast but don't worry its supposed to. You should try it.

#24 OFFLINE   turey22

turey22

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:51 AM

You have the 40 gig version. I do to. It has an hidden exclusive feature. Hit the power switch in the back to the off position,then hold your finger on eject button.While you have your finger held on the eject button press the power switch in the back to the on position. It'll clean out all of the dust inside.It'll get loud as the fan goes full blast but don't worry its supposed to. You should try it.

does the 80g have this feature

#25 OFFLINE   braven

braven

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:43 AM

Having dealt with a few Crapbox 3fixme failures, we're a PS3 household now (3 of them to be exact). "Home" will be out this summer (supposedly) and it will feature "in game XMB". That should level the online playing experience. The PS3 is outselling the 3fixme now too. Just a matter of time until game developers wake up and smell the coffee.

Built in wireless
Free online gameplay
Blu-Ray
Super quiet operation (the 3fixme sounds like a fricken jet engine taking off)

Nuff said.
HR34, HR24, (2) H21's
Whole Home DVR

@I_am_Braven

#26 OFFLINE   braven

braven

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:44 AM

does the 80g have this feature

No.
HR34, HR24, (2) H21's
Whole Home DVR

@I_am_Braven

#27 OFFLINE   texaswolf

texaswolf

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:45 AM

I have the 20gb version...took back the 40gb and found a great deal on the 20gb...i wanted the backward compatibility....plus i found out you could put an external drive onto it, so now i have a 270gb...lol....i have an Ethernet connection right behind the tv, so i wasn't worried about the wifi...does that feature only work with the 40gb?
Samsung 56" DLP 1080i
Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD
Playstation 3 20gb w/ WD 160gb external
Dish Vip622 (Turbo HD + Premiums) w/My Book 500gb External, Mybook 750gb External, WD 250gb External
Sony STR-DG 510 Receiver

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. "

Frank Sinatra

#28 OFFLINE   airpolgas

airpolgas

Godfather

• Registered
  • 493 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:56 PM

That is such a flamebait thread title. Having said that, I really think of consoles as just that - consoles. What it all boils down to is games, everything else is icing on the cake.

I just happen to be a Zelda/Mario/Samus fan, so you can probably guess what console I currently own. Never been much of an FPS fan, but my interest in the 360 was piqued when my friend showed me Gears of War. I told him I'll get the 360 next when I save up, so we can play online.

Unfortunately for my friend, I'm also a movie buff and a fan of MGS. When Blu-Ray won, coupled with the announcement of the MGS4 bundle, I apologetically told him that we can't kill each other in GoW yet, since I'll be springing for the PS3 this June.

In the end, I really like video games, and it won't matter to me what platform I play it on. I haven't bought anything for the PC in years, but I'm pretty sure I'll be in line for the release of Starcraft 2 because I like that game.
"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people." - Mr. Garrison from South Park
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots." - Cluelessness from despair.com

#29 OFFLINE   phat78boy

phat78boy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:02 PM

interesting...my brother in law and buddy were over playing my ps3 the other day, both own 360's and both said they liked the online better (COD 4) on the ps3...and both complained about having to buy everything separate for the 360 (i have extra mini usb's that i use as chargers for my ps3 controllers...free) and one of them already dealt with a failure on his first 360. Not sure what you mean about unmatched as a media player...mine plays everything i stream to it just fine. I figured both consoles are comparable...but i hear a lot of complaints from them. So i guess if you add the price of the controller chargers, online play, and a high def player...there isn't much of a price difference. Mine was $400..two controllers, BR movie with it.

If you use media center on your home computer, the Xbox 360 will interact with it just as if you were sitting at your machine. So if you recorded DVD's to the hard drvie, you can watch them. If you recorded a TV show in HD or something from cable, you can watch it. No converting or anything like that.

I bought my unit when it came out....599$. The price for being an early adopter. My 360 with charger and extra controller was still cheaper and bought that as soon as it came out too.

#30 OFFLINE   phat78boy

phat78boy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:04 PM

$600 for what?

60GB PS3 was 599$. I know thats no longer the case, but many of use bought at that price. I was comparing both the 360 and PS3 when both were brand new.

#31 OFFLINE   texaswolf

texaswolf

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:43 AM

If you use media center on your home computer, the Xbox 360 will interact with it just as if you were sitting at your machine. So if you recorded DVD's to the hard drvie, you can watch them. If you recorded a TV show in HD or something from cable, you can watch it. No converting or anything like that.

I bought my unit when it came out....599$. The price for being an early adopter. My 360 with charger and extra controller was still cheaper and bought that as soon as it came out too.

oh i see...that is a pretty nice option, since i do use media center often...i just never got into the first xbox, and was already a Socom junkie...so the choice was easy for me....however i wish that both consoles could play online with each other, would be a sweet option on certain games....but, money runs the show.
Samsung 56" DLP 1080i
Toshiba HD-A2 HD-DVD
Playstation 3 20gb w/ WD 160gb external
Dish Vip622 (Turbo HD + Premiums) w/My Book 500gb External, Mybook 750gb External, WD 250gb External
Sony STR-DG 510 Receiver

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. "

Frank Sinatra

Protected By... spam firewall...And...