Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Favorites 622 4.49

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   slh7d

slh7d

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:51 PM

I know there have been some reports of people loosing their favories. Happened to me. Before I only had one custom list. So ALL - Subs - HD - and then my "favorites list". When I cycled through them it only showed those. NOW it shows list2 3 and 4 also when I cycle through them. Pretty annoying. Anyway to disable/delete defautl lists?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dbrakob

dbrakob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:17 PM

I Anyway to disable/delete defautl lists?

Nope.

#3 OFFLINE   JackDobiash

JackDobiash

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:13 PM

This just happened to me last night, it's freaking annoying. I have this channel on there DVRDN which isn't even selectable, although I found if you hit record it will change to it. :) I still wish I could reset the favorites.
ViP622 w/500GB EHD - Connected to Sony KDS-60A2000 60" SXRD RPTV and Sony Playstation 3 (20GB)
ViP722 w/500GB EHD - Connected to Samsung HL61A750 61" LED DLP RPTV and Sony Playstation 3 (60GB)
Programming - Americas Everything Pak + Portland Locals, HD + Platinum, DHPP (Service)
DishNetwork Customer since 1998

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,759 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:37 PM

It's a 449 bug ... to kill the extra lists:
1) go into favorites ...
2) select the list that you want to delete and choose "modify list" ...
3) choose "clear list", "yes" then "done"

Do this for the other lists you want to delete - then select "done" to exit favorites.

If you use any personal favorites lists you may also find new channels added to them as well. Hopefully the next version will have this bug firmly squashed! :)

#5 OFFLINE   slh7d

slh7d

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:12 AM

That was the first thing I tried was to clear the lists i'm not using, but it still shows the lists when I cycle through them and also shows this channel 9945 DVRDN, which isnt even on the list normally.

#6 OFFLINE   tnsprin

tnsprin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:44 AM

That was the first thing I tried was to clear the lists i'm not using, but it still shows the lists when I cycle through them and also shows this channel 9945 DVRDN, which isnt even on the list normally.

The only thing that worked for me when a similar bug showed quite awhile ago was making sure the lists were cleared AND reseting NVRAM. Since clearing NVRAM clears some other things as well, consider this a last resort.
Ex Dish subscriber
Fios TV subscriber on 3/8/10

#7 OFFLINE   wje

wje

Godfather

• Registered
  • 424 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:12 AM

If you use any personal favorites lists you may also find new channels added to them as well. Hopefully the next version will have this bug firmly squashed! :)

Hopefully, this will also fix the list corruption when editing in ascending channel order. That's been a PIA for a while.

My avatar says it all.

#8 OFFLINE   russ9

russ9

Godfather

• Registered
  • 385 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:04 PM

I hope they also fix the guide jumping back to current time when changing a choice in guide pop-up mode.
Dishing it up since 4-4-1997
vip722K hooked up to a bunch of stuff. Like a bigger TV.

Soon to be on Dish network, explained by a BBC spokesman

#9 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,759 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:18 PM

Hopefully, this will also fix the list corruption when editing in ascending channel order. That's been a PIA for a while.

I've never seen that one and I'm set for ascending channel order.

#10 OFFLINE   wje

wje

Godfather

• Registered
  • 424 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:43 PM

I've never seen that one and I'm set for ascending channel order.

It's easily repeatable for me, both on the 622 and the 612. Basically, I start editing a list, which is displaying 2 (my first local) at the top, 7 (also a local) at the bottom. After the first page-down, the displayed channels jump to the 99xx range, and are in descending order(!). If I continue to page down, random channels start being selected, totally corrupting the list. However, if I edit in descending order, all is OK.

This was reported some months ago, E* asked for a log dump. Never heard anything again. I've retested after the latest releases on the 622 and 612, still happens, still trivial to duplicate.

I suspect it has something to do with my mix of OTA HD/SD and sat channels.

My avatar says it all.

#11 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 825 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:41 AM

Multiple phantom favorites lists popped up on my oldest 622 several software generations ago. I can't get rid of them and neither can tech support. If I delete every channel in a list it pops back up with one of the Dish info channels.

Funny thing is my newest 622 (by about 15 months) has never had this problem.

#12 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:54 AM

I had the shortcuts list selected where you get the popup for the favorites when you hit the guide button. Inexplicably, it changed back to the old cycle method. Very odd.

#13 OFFLINE   RASCAL01

RASCAL01

Godfather

• Registered
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:04 AM

All my favorites had all the channels in them. Wife was mad this morning because she could not see her show, because her favorites showed all channels. Also all the recordings was protected so you could not see what was recorded. This is the first time that this has happened to me. Looks like something to do with the update on 4/06.
RASCAL01
DISH 622, Hopper, Hopper2, Joey
TOSHIBA REGZA 55 LED/LCD 24O HZ
SONY AV 5.1 SOUROUND SOUND
SONY 3D BLUE RAY PLAYER

#14 OFFLINE   Mokanic

Mokanic

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:15 PM

AARGGHH!!!!! Just found out my favorites lists have been "reset". Everything was fine last night. All recorded programs were showing "locked". Reset locked channels and custom favorites lists are all the same. Hours of work down the tube. And I haven't even checked on TV2 yet.
Is this a one time occurrence for those that have experienced it? Or is it a regular "anamoly"?
I uploaded my logs to E*. Does anyone look at unsolicited logs at E* CS?

#15 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,759 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:40 PM

AARGGHH!!!!! Just found out my favorites lists have been "reset". Everything was fine last night. All recorded programs were showing "locked". Reset locked channels and custom favorites lists are all the same. Hours of work down the tube. And I haven't even checked on TV2 yet.
Is this a one time occurrence for those that have experienced it? Or is it a regular "anamoly"?
I uploaded my logs to E*. Does anyone look at unsolicited logs at E* CS?

The total lockdown only happened once on my receiver ... perhaps someone has had a different experience?
Yes, you will have to unlock TV2 as well.

As far as the unsolicited logs ... if they don't know why the logs were uploaded they don't know what they are looking for so I expect that they won't be looked at.

#16 OFFLINE   slh7d

slh7d

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:29 PM

I should add (to my first post) that my Lists were all reset also. I have not gotten the locked recorded programs issue though (yet).

I hope they fix this in the next release, or give us the ability to hide lists we dont want to show up (either from the Guide button or popup).

#17 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,759 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:08 PM

Empty lists won't show up when cycling through and are grayed out in the popout mode. The current issue is keeping those lists empty.

The "all my channels locked" issue is what is causing all the previously recorded content on those channels to lock. Once the channels are unlocked again the previous recordings will unlock.

#18 OFFLINE   rick6668

rick6668

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:27 PM

Empty lists won't show up when cycling through and are grayed out in the popout mode. The current issue is keeping those lists empty.

The "all my channels locked" issue is what is causing all the previously recorded content on those channels to lock. Once the channels are unlocked again the previous recordings will unlock.

Had this locking issue on Sat morning. But not all the channels were locked , I had about 40 channels that were unlocked. I've never locked a channel before ever. Had the guide listing on all channels and only those 40 showed up.

Called support, never thought to check if channels were locked (I've never even used the function). Spent 1 hour on the phone and they couldn't figure it out. Had me reset 5 times. Then they said they were going to order me a new box.
While I was waiting I checked my DVR listings and a bunch showed locked.
Once I unlocked the channels, they were all back.

#19 OFFLINE   damianinpa

damianinpa

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:22 PM

Same problem here..lists all messed up with channel 9945 showing up. Also, I added a few channels and they show up twice. Other than replacing the 622..is there a fix yet. I see resetting NVRAM helped someone..how do you do this???
Damian

#20 OFFLINE   RASCAL01

RASCAL01

Godfather

• Registered
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 10:47 AM

The new software release might fix this, lets hope.
Even after deleting unwanted channels from favorits list there is one that can not be deleted.
RASCAL01
DISH 622, Hopper, Hopper2, Joey
TOSHIBA REGZA 55 LED/LCD 24O HZ
SONY AV 5.1 SOUROUND SOUND
SONY 3D BLUE RAY PLAYER

Protected By... spam firewall...And...