Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dishonline - any update on online scheduling?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   julric01

julric01

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:31 AM

I see the tag "coming soon" for online scheduling on Dishonline - and I searched the threads - looks like the test was back in Nov 07 - anyone have any update as to if and when we might actually get this feature?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peridigm

peridigm

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 02:57 PM

I see the tag "coming soon" for online scheduling on Dishonline - and I searched the threads - looks like the test was back in Nov 07 - anyone have any update as to if and when we might actually get this feature?

Bump... I am also wondering about this great new feature that has never come to fruition. In fact, I just hung up with a CSR, (I cancelled all of my HD channels), who I asked this same question. She had no idea what I was taking about. I was not surprised. She did waive the $5 fee to cancel a service.

#3 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,414 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 23 May 2008 - 03:44 PM

In another context (new HD) we've established that Dish does not use what Dictionary.com indicates as the obsolete definition of "soon": Obsolete. immediately; at once; forthwith.

So in Dish lingo "soon" means "when we get around to it.":rolleyes:

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#4 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:49 PM

In another context (new HD) we've established that Dish does not use what Dictionary.com indicates as the obsolete definition of "soon": Obsolete. immediately; at once; forthwith.

So in Dish lingo "soon" means "when we get around to it.":rolleyes:

IF, not WHEN.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#5 OFFLINE   EVAC41

EVAC41

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 08:31 AM

I did beta testing for it back then. I didn't see no issues. Even when my reciever was connected to a wireless box. Programmed my timers from work, school, home, even the hotel that I was staying at in Chicago. When I got home everything was recorded to what I programmed it to from Dishonline. It went perfect for me. So I am wondering what was the big problem? Could it be because of the TIVO thing? Just wondering.....

#6 OFFLINE   FastNOC

FastNOC

Godfather

• Registered
  • 409 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:39 PM

I was pissed. I had access to it, but was in arizona without my new install when i saw it. It said I had to be in front of the machine to do the software. So I couldn't. Then when i got my install done here in az the option was back to 'coming soon'.

I was so excited

#7 OFFLINE   cdub998

cdub998

Legend

• Registered
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:58 AM

I did beta testing for it back then. I didn't see no issues. Even when my reciever was connected to a wireless box. Programmed my timers from work, school, home, even the hotel that I was staying at in Chicago. When I got home everything was recorded to what I programmed it to from Dishonline. It went perfect for me. So I am wondering what was the big problem? Could it be because of the TIVO thing? Just wondering.....

I hade one major gripe with it. I couldn't see my RSN mirrors to set up games to record. That was the major thing I was looking for.

#8 OFFLINE   eatonjb

eatonjb

Legend

• Registered
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:51 PM

i am sure it's the Tivo thing.. for now i can widdle my way with a sling box.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...