Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Slow response from remote #2

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sandrattt

sandrattt

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:17 PM

I use remote#2 in a different room from where the 622 and remote#1 are located. The 622 always has at least a 3 or 4 second delay when changing stations or using the program guide. I can't figure out why. This is very annoying. Remote #1 works normally. Anybody know the answer.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   SattManager

SattManager

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:57 AM

I use remote#2 in a different room from where the 622 and remote#1 are located. The 622 always has at least a 3 or 4 second delay when changing stations or using the program guide. I can't figure out why. This is very annoying. Remote #1 works normally. Anybody know the answer.

How far away is the TV2 remote being used from the recevier? The delay could be caused by interference or the distance of the TV2.

I had the issue when i first installed my 622 and i ran a coax from the back of the receiver connected to the light green remote antenna port to the room where my TV2 is and connected the antenna there and i have not had any problems since. Granted i dont think the average consumer is going to want to take these steps.
52" SONY XBR LCD 1080P
ViP 622
BDSP300 Sony Blu-Ray

#3 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:25 AM

How far away is the TV2 remote being used from the recevier? The delay could be caused by interference or the distance of the TV2.

I had the issue when i first installed my 622 and i ran a coax from the back of the receiver connected to the light green remote antenna port to the room where my TV2 is and connected the antenna there and i have not had any problems since. Granted i dont think the average consumer is going to want to take these steps.

Did you try switching your TV2 remote from A Band to B Band?
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#4 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:25 AM

can also try replacing the little antenna with a set of "rabbit ears". worked like a dream for me :)

#5 OFFLINE   dbrakob

dbrakob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:00 PM

Is your Remote 2 transmitter at the receiver or at TV2. When I got mine installed last year the installer put the Remote 2 transmitter at the DVR but could not get Remote 2 to work at TV2. He said it was too far/too much interference. He then took the transmitter down to TV and conneced it there and it works. Not sure exactly what he used but I do know that I do not have once cable coming into TV2 but rather the cable from the wall goes into some kind of splitter. One cable from the splitter goes into the TV and the other side has a small antenna looking thing attached which is what talks to Remote 2. You may want to call Dish and see how you can get this setup.

#6 OFFLINE   rogerbohl

rogerbohl

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 10:46 PM

I've had a similar problem.

After not using the system for a few weeks, I found no signal. After a reset, I received a signal but the system responded to any and all remote buttons only after about a 7-second delay. I called DISH, and went through many reset steps, but with no change. They sent me a new remote ($6 shipping) and after coding it to the receiver, the delay dropped to about 4 seconds, but still very irritating. I have another receiver, with another remote, and clearly the problem is in the #2 receiver, not the remotes. (I swapped and recoded the remotes and used them with both receivers.)

Resetting the box by the OFF button and the plug have helped not at all. Any suggestions?

Is there any way to REALLY reset the receiver?

Roger Bohl
rhbohl@aol.com

Protected By... spam firewall...And...