Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Report your MLBEI Problems Thread

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   inourgrave

inourgrave

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:12 PM

So it seems like a lot of us are having problems with MLBEI,and it seems like the tech department doesn't really understand EI, and don't help. Hopefully everyone will start reporting their problems here (maybe we can even get a sticky) so this can get forwarded to D*. Please keep it simple, please nothing but the facts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report the problem ie: D* mlb schedule different from receiver guide, blacked out of out-of-market games (include zip) (PLEASE do not report problems for sat. and Fox national rights), blank recordings, incorrect information on receiver guide.
Date/Day
Channel
Game (teams)
Equipment &Software
Additional details, be brief
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will start:

Blank Recording
05/04/08 Sunday
732-1
Giants @ Phillys
HR20-700 0x22b
Program available in receiver guide/D* mlb online schedule, blank recording.

Game Blacked Out
05/04/08 Sunday
Giants @ Phillys
HR20-700 0x22b
Program had pop-up window that said game was blacked out in my area (90254) Southern California aka dodger's rsn.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   PicaKing

PicaKing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 295 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:37 PM

Mine is working fine
Slimline 5 LNB
HR20-100 attached to Panasonic 42" plasma via HDMI
HR10-250
HR21-700
HR22
D-15
Some really old SD receiver out on the deck

#3 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:49 PM

Working fine here as well.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#4 OFFLINE   Dr. Booda

Dr. Booda

Godfather

• Registered
  • 385 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:33 PM

So it seems like a lot of us are having problems with MLBEI,and it seems like the tech department doesn't really understand EI, and don't help. Hopefully everyone will start reporting their problems here (maybe we can even get a sticky) so this can get forwarded to D*. Please keep it simple, please nothing but the facts.
Report the problem ie: D* mlb schedule different from receiver guide, blacked out of out-of-market games (include zip) (PLEASE do not report problems for sat. and Fox national rights), blank recordings, incorrect information on receiver guide.
Date/Day
Channel
Game (teams)
Equipment &Software
Additional details, be brief
I will start:

Blank Recording
05/04/08 Sunday
732-1
Giants @ Phillys
HR20-700 0x22b
Program available in receiver guide/D* mlb online schedule, blank recording.

Game Blacked Out
05/04/08 Sunday
Giants @ Phillys
HR20-700 0x22b
Program had pop-up window that said game was blacked out in my area (90254) Southern California aka dodger's rsn.

I had the same error for 732-1 (654-1 mirror) and I'm in the Giants home area! No HD feed on my local RSN when it is in the guide!?

#5 OFFLINE   jimdx

jimdx

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:33 PM

The guide is always hosed. I'm glad I don't try to schedule recordings by it.

Haven't had any other problems.

#6 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:42 PM

I don't subscribe to MLB but lately D* has been blacking out the HD feed on my local RSN. I used to get all the HD games and now some are saying I need to subscribe to a channel that is already part of my local package. Calling D* is fruitless. A game this week was blacked out on D* but Comcast(neighbor) had it and so did by brother who has Dish. This upcoming Wed the guides says I need to have MLB/EI to see it in HD, but yet the Fox site says it is on channel 634-1. Makes no sense.
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

#7 OFFLINE   Ken S

Ken S

RIP

• Registered
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:03 PM

I've had two games blacked out that shouldn't have been and the guide seems to be wrong quite often.

PQ on the SD games is horrendous while the HD PQ has been very, very good.

#8 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,385 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:19 PM

I've had two games blacked out that shouldn't have been and the guide seems to be wrong quite often.

PQ on the SD games is horrendous while the HD PQ has been very, very good.

The biggest frustration I have, besides having to watch a horrible SD broadcast, is finding the right person to talk to. D* blames it on MLB which if were true, others, in this area, would not be viewing it on other providers. I suspect D* is not turning on the feeds as necessary. You are correct, the HD feeds are fantastic, Fox has really improved over last season.
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

#9 OFFLINE   inourgrave

inourgrave

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:06 PM

I don't subscribe to MLB but lately D* has been blacking out the HD feed on my local RSN. I used to get all the HD games and now some are saying I need to subscribe to a channel that is already part of my local package. Calling D* is fruitless. A game this week was blacked out on D* but Comcast(neighbor) had it and so did by brother who has Dish. This upcoming Wed the guides says I need to have MLB/EI to see it in HD, but yet the Fox site says it is on channel 634-1. Makes no sense.

People please don't comment if its working for you!!!!!!!!! (yankee games have been accurate for me)
Please only post with ACTUAL issues in the format provided. This is a data gathering post.

This is NOT another rant thread there are several of those. We know there is a a problem with MLBIE, please assist me and provide information only in the specified format.

I don't care about picture quality either, i care about actually getting the games first. Please only post in the format given.

#10 OFFLINE   HarryD

HarryD

Icon

• Registered
  • 597 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:15 PM

The guide setup is awful. NBA League pass was the same way.. Put the games together by date and keep future games off the guide until that day arrives... Geez.. How hard is this???
HarryD

#11 OFFLINE   inourgrave

inourgrave

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:26 PM

The guide setup is awful. NBA League pass was the same way.. Put the games together by date and keep future games off the guide until that day arrives... Geez.. How hard is this???

Please post your problem in the given format.

#12 OFFLINE   DanoP

DanoP

Legend

• Registered
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:36 AM

Good one. Never such confusion with Dish.....where you have to check the fricken date of the game in your guide to see if 'upcoming' is today or days from today.

#13 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:29 PM

Keeping future games off the guide would result in the lack of being able to program for them. What do you do if you want to record a game no Tuesday when you are out of town Monday and Tuesday?

Just keeping them organized by channel would be good enough. I go back to my proposal: Reserve a channel pair (SD and HD-1) for each team's broadcasts. If they are on, they would be on that channel. If they are playing on another channel only put a banner that gives the correct channel number.

That simple.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#14 OFFLINE   Vid58

Vid58

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:55 PM

I don't stretch my LD content. But when I access a MLBEI game that is only being broadcast in low def, it get's stretched. If I press 'exit', it does return to a non-stretched format.

It would be great if there was a MLBEI Mix channel in HD. I noticed when the Masters was being broadcast, there was a seperate mix channel for both HD and LD. Thought that was a nice little feature.

#15 OFFLINE   JoeS

JoeS

AllStar

• Registered
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:46 PM

Enough with the blackouts already!!

I have Sports Pack... MLBEI... and Superfan

Tonight the Cubs telecast (5/5) is oddly not on MLBEI (yes, I know the CIN telecast is there)... but I found the feed on an alternate 659 (CSN Plus?) and its blacked out ,just like the FSN Indiana channel. Since I'm in the NY DMA... all that needs to be shut off and blacked out is opponents feeds for Met and Yankee games, everything else should be in the clear including alternates (AND GAME REPLAYS - but thats another thread). Some feeds are also oddly missing from EI, a few Phillies games come to mind (that are on CSN Philly). I also see that cable EI has a few feeds we dont, like a My20 Rockies one over the weekend. Sorry for the run on thread but it seems the shine is wearing dull on MLBEI and some problems are showing up.

PS: Im in the NYC DMA

#16 OFFLINE   Vid58

Vid58

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:52 PM

Cubs @ Reds game here on 722 in LD.

#17 OFFLINE   DanoP

DanoP

Legend

• Registered
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:50 AM

Keeping future games off the guide would result in the lack of being able to program for them. What do you do if you want to record a game no Tuesday when you are out of town Monday and Tuesday?

The game is in the guide. It is just not visible in the window you are viewing when you are viewing what's on now. Just scroll ahead to the days you are interested in or do a search.

#18 OFFLINE   bjlc

bjlc

Icon

• Registered
  • 957 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:34 PM

the facts are that I live about 115 miles from the Metro dome and in Prime Twin country, and watch all the twins games this spring, but come opening day, No more Twins.

I live 207 miles from Miller park but I get the Brewers. and if my address is 50 feet different, I am supposed to get both..

I should be getting both where I live. since the counties all around me get both and the cable company gets both.

#19 OFFLINE   scott72

scott72

Icon

• Registered
  • 539 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:20 PM

the facts are that I live about 115 miles from the Metro dome and in Prime Twin country, and watch all the twins games this spring, but come opening day, No more Twins.

I live 207 miles from Miller park but I get the Brewers. and if my address is 50 feet different, I am supposed to get both..

I should be getting both where I live. since the counties all around me get both and the cable company gets both.

Same complaints I have. I live right on the Wisconsin/Iowa border. I'm in Brewers territory, but had to buy EI to get Brewers games despite the fact the subscribers west of me get the Brewers in the clear. How does that make any sense? If my address was 2 miles east or about 60 miles further west I'd get Brewers in the clear. The EI package is suppose to be for out of market games only, yet I'm in the Brewers market and NEED EI to get their games. BS..

#20 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:08 PM

The game is in the guide. It is just not visible in the window you are viewing when you are viewing what's on now. Just scroll ahead to the days you are interested in or do a search.

That is not an EI issue but the way the guide works that would need to be changed. As far as I can remember, Upcoming was always a feature of DirecTV guides.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

spam firewall