Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EHD problem...has any one else had an issue?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   SingleAction

SingleAction

Legend

• Registered
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:08 PM

A sample size of one is statistically invalid and should not be used to suggest that no drives work (especially since there has been at least one success story). Declaring that the problem is with the receiver is invalid as it assumes there can no issues with the drive itself.

Far too many of the issues posted with various setups here have been users trying to use drives that, for whatever reason, weren't recommended. Included in this sample have been drives larger than 750GB as well as RAIDs.

What about my "setup"? I have been using a WD My Book 500GB external hard drive, that worked fine with the two previous software versions, and now I can't watch archived shows, but have to restore them to the receiver first.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:42 PM

A sample size of one is statistically invalid and should not be used to suggest that no drives work (especially since there has been at least one success story). Declaring that the problem is with the receiver is invalid as it assumes there can no issues with the drive itself.

Far too many of the issues posted with various setups here have been users trying to use drives that, for whatever reason, weren't recommended. Included in this sample have been drives larger than 750GB as well as RAIDs.

I can only assume that you haven't read the many posts of people who have EHD's that others have had success with. I don't remember many, if any, reporting that they are using 1TB drives and expect them to work. Dish had recommended that drives no larger than 750G would work. What various setups are you referring to?
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#23 OFFLINE   poppin_fresh

poppin_fresh

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

i sent two one hour episodes of The Sopranos to it tonight with no issues. I have not seen the USB drive disconnected error in a couple days. I will continue to slowly add load to the drive an see what happens.

#24 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:12 PM

i sent two one hour episodes of The Sopranos to it tonight with no issues. I have not seen the USB drive disconnected error in a couple days. I will continue to slowly add load to the drive an see what happens.

May the Force be with you.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

Protected By... spam firewall...And...