Congratulations! I hadn't been able to compile MediaTomb for several weeks -- problems with a supporting library -- but I just made a more determined effort, and finally got through it. It didn't work real great, but it did work. Photos are shown as thumbnails, and mp3s are played at the wrong speed. I haven't had a chance to test videos yet.
Getting the supporting libraries installed is half of the battle...
We've got the slow speed MP3 thing figured out. Check out the transcoding wiki here:
The trick is transcoding to audio/wav like TVersity does. For video, make sure you build the latest SVN (1818) and all of my settings and scripts are on the wiki. I'll update the wiki with the youtube settings later today.
I haven't got photo thumbnails to work. I'd like to see what you are doing differently.
I was hoping you'd be back working on this as you're one of the pioneers on getting Mediatomb to work