I added a new set of jpegs to my database, and they look just the same as I described earlier when displayed using the HR20. Each is shown in the middle of the screen with room for one image of the same size above it and one below it, and with room for two to the left and two to the right. So, there would be room on my 16:9 TV screen to show a 5 x 3 array of such images at once.
I've been attempting to understand the photo display procedure between the HR20 and mediatomb using the wireshark capture. This is what I see:
1. The HR20 sends a browse request for the available photos in a container.
2. Mediatomb sends the info for each photo. I see two photo references returned: the full size photo (first item) and the thumbnail (second item).
3. The user selects the photo to be displayed from the HR20 menu.
4. The HR20 requests the photo from mediatomb
5. Mediatomb sends the photo
6. The HR20 displays the photo.
My guess is the HR20 doesn't like something about the first photo (full size) and asks for the thumbnail.
TVersity users are finding the HR20 is having issues displaying high res photos.
Just curious...what do your filenames look like and your typical resolution? The photos that displayed as thumbs for me look like this:
Dale's Pics Sue & wayne Wedding Mar 1, 2004 014.jpg (Maybe the HR20 doesn't like this with the non-text/numerical chars?)
From an Olympus camera
I sent the info to Jin and hopefully he can find something.